Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Tag Archives: The Hiding Place
Welcome to today’s Family Home Evening! This time of year always seems to take a back to basics theme where we focus on the fundamentals of the gospel. Today’s lesson on gratitude is absolutely fundamental.
Opening Song: High on a Mountain Top
Scripture: Matthew 26:3-6
What is gratitude?
- It’s an attitude of thankfulness.
- We choose to have it or to focus on those things we don’t have or aren’t going our way.
How to we express gratitude?
- We express gratitude with our words, our actions and by making it a habit.
- Gratitude unexpressed is like a gift unopened.
Why do we need gratitude?
- To let people know we are grateful.
- To have good manners.
- We’re happier when we’re grateful.
- It’s a commandment.
- It helps us find the good in our trials. In her book the Hiding Place, Corrie Ten Boom wrote of an incident of living in a concentration camp where the beds were infested with flees. Her sister insisted that they express gratitude for the flees, much to her dismay. It turned out the flees kept the guards away and they were able to read and share their smuggled New Testament. This scripture study brought them peace, even though their surroundings were horrific.
Activity: Phase 10. We played the phases in reverse order to change it up a bit.
Closing Song: Scatter Sunshine
Treat: Ice cream
What does gratitude mean to you and your family?