Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Tag Archives: Summer reading programs
Welcome to the first Friday of summer! I’m glad we have the 110 degree temperatures to make sure we realize it is summer here in Arizona! The heat definitely affects my favorites – long afternoon walks don’t make the list this time of year. Here’s what did make the list.
- A couple of trips to the pool. I’m not a super big water lover, but I did enjoy our morning trips this week.
- Hot Wheels. My kiddos spent a whole day building tracks and racing their cars. It was so nice to see them occupy themselves without asking to veg in front of a screen.
- Summer reading programs. The kids already earned their prizes. I also like that some of the libraries have programs for adults – even if the prizes aren’t as cool.
- Not one, but two book clubs! We had our family book club for Savvy and our adult book club for The Lost Conspiracy. Stay tuned for more details on both meetings.
Between computer issues and finding the time to be on the computer, I only have a couple online favorites this week.
- Booking Mama shared a review of the Song of Achilles. I’d rather read it than listen to the audio book, but it sounds like a great story.
- I always need a little something for my sweet tooth and Your Homebased Mom’s Dulce de Leche bars hit the spot.
Share your favorites with me – if your not too busy doing summer!
July’s over, so that must mean the kids are back in school and our summer is over. At least the vacation part – the heat is here for a while longer. As we move from one season to another, I like to reflect on our progress. Here’s what we were able to accomplish:
- Go to the mall
- Summer school
- Summer Reading programs
- Go to the library
- Play dates
- Sewing lessons
- Summer Camp
- Movie night
- Homemade ice cream
- Just Dance 2
- New Harry Potter movie
- Photography Club
- Bass Pro Shop Family Summer Camp
There were a handful of things we weren’t able to get done over this crazy busy summer, but we had fun trying. How did you do on your summer bucket list?
- · Go to the big park
- · Outdoor mall
- · Vacation
- · Summer school
- · Reading programs
- · Library
- · Play dates
- · Sewing lessons
- · Mesa Temple
- · Pottery studio
- · Paper weaving
- · Bowling
- · Summer camp
- · Movie night
- · Homemade ice cream
- · Scavenger hunt
- · Just Dance
- · Swimming
- · New Harry Potter movie
- · Photography club
- · Book Club
- · Diamondbacks game
- · Bass Pro Family Summer Camp