Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Tag Archives: Summer bucket list
Happy July! Can you believe June is over and so is the first half of the 2013? I had to pull out my list of goals for this year and see how I’m doing. A couple are on track, the other eight not so much. Instead of stressing out over what I haven’t done, let’s see how I sliced June.
1 – Book read (Matched by Ally Condie). Yeah, that’s one of the goals I’m really behind on this year. Fortunately I
finished reading a book this morning, so I’m off to a good start for July.
2 – Book Clubs.
3 – Pounds lost! That’s all that I gained last month and a little something extra for my trouble (she says, as she types and eats).
3 – Articles written, including my latest warning you to not be deceived by those cute, furry squirrels.
4 – Father’s Day cards made.
6 – Blog posts written (bleh!)
9 – Projects completed.
10 – Training days of Hunger Games board game (that was about 5 too many).
11 – Guests to our ice cream social.
24 – Chocolate Zucchini Muffins made (yum!).
25 – Summer Bucket List activities!
50 – States visiting my blog!
55 – Countries visited my blog.
1044 – Words added to my book.
2726 – Words added to my short story. It’s not as short as it used to be!
Top posts in June
- Pizza Nachos (shocking I know)
- Book Theme Party
- Family Home Evening: Joseph Smith’s First Vision Revisited
- Raingutter Regata
- Family Home Evening: Plan of Salvation
I had a big month. How did June go for you?
I’m recapping May one day earlier than last month. At this rate, !I’ll be back on schedule in a couple of months! It sounds like a good plan, or maybe it’s more like dream. Well, this post is about looking back, not predicting the future.
1.2 – Pounds gained in May. That’s totally the wrong direction. Of coarse, the day after my official reading, I was back to where I was at the beginning of April. Overall, I’m still doing good this year. But May’s hiccup was a good reminder to rein in the snacks and late night eating.
3 – Job interviews. I even got a job from one of them!
8 – Blog posts written. So much better than last month, but so far to go to where I want to be!
10 – Books behind schedule on my GoodReads goal. I did finish reading The Chronicles of Egg: New Lands. I’m hoping to post a review next week.
13 – Social events. The end of the school year, among other things, added a bunch of activities to my calendar. We had concerts, awards ceremonies and even a art show. On top of the kids activities, I went to a celebration for WordPress 10th anniversary.
16 – Projects completed. Most of them took less than an hour, but I’m feeling very productive.
29 – Countries visited my blog. Well not the whole country, but at least one person from each of the 29 countries stopped by my blog.
44 – States represented in my blog visitors.
719 – Words added to my book. I finished 70% of May’s month’s goal. If I don’t make my goal this month, I’m going to have to ground myself from Facebook or something!
911 – Page views.
The top post from May were:
I’m not exactly sure where May went, but I’m happy to share my favorites from the week before moving on to June! We had a good week, full of lots of good things.
- We had a blast a Flipside. Next time will be even better if we remember to wear closed toe shoes.
- After we emptied our play cards at Flipside, we headed to the mall and found some killer deals at Payless Shoes.
- We finished off the evening by redeeming a ColdStone gift card from 2011. We’re quick like that!
- The WordPress 10 year anniversary celebration! I’m kind of nerdy like that – and I want to learn more to make my blog better for you.
- A fitness themed Pack Meeting. I was in charge of a relay race with spoons and tennis balls. I also got to show off my mad juggling skills.
- I found some great continuing education classes through the local library. The $120 Quick Books class I was looking at through the local college was free! And there were tons to choose from.
- One of my kiddos initiated a cleaning session!
- This week I was blessed to participate in a soldier’s homecoming. They always make me cry. I’m so grateful for their sacrifice and that of their families. Some hadn’t seen each other for almost a year. I’m so glad they are home safely.
- We filled our summer bucket list and even completed our first activity.
What are the highlights from your week?