Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: stuffed elephant
A new year isn’t complete without a top ten list – so here’s my top ten posts of 2011!
- Apparently every loves a giveaway – especially for an iPad 2! Josi S. Kilpack sure knows how to kick off a new book.
- My daughter’s elephant sewing project was a lot of work (especially for me), but it turned out great. I love the picture of him reading a book.
- Our last family photography challenge was a ton of fun. We’re definitely due for another challenge.
- When the Family Night Phantom paid us a visit, I passed on the fun tradition to you.
- Working with Cub Scouts has kept us on the front row of great entertainment and experiences. I’m continually surprised at how entertaining Cub Scouts can be. The Raingutter Regatta was no exception.
- I love throwing themed birthday parties for my kiddos. I love how our Teddy Bear Sweet Shop and Nerf Top Shot invitations turned out.
- I love posting my Family Home Evenings; it’s a great record for my family and it can help someone else with their plans. Our Citizenship night was great because we had fun learning and we worked on a Cub Scout goal. Family Home Evening has been a great resource for working on Scout, Faith in God and Personal Progress programs.
- Another giveaway made the list, this time for a recipe bundle.
- We’re always looking for a way to turn an ordinary day into something special. I was excited to learn about National S’mores Day and even more excited I had time to try a batch of yummy S’mores Cookies.
- Last on the list is another Cub Scout post, this time about our Annual Planning Meeting.
Did your favorites make the list? If not, be sure to share them in the comments. Thank you for following along on my Pursuit of Excellence in it’s many varied facets! I appreciate your stopping by and leaving comments. Have a healthy and prosperous New Year.
It’s Friday and a holiday weekend! Woohoo! What more could a girl ask for, except some 90 degree weather. Oh well, two out of three isn’t bad. I’ve already shared my favorites this week, a great book, a cute elephant, and a few more recipes on our Real Food blog. Maybe I’ll get to do something other than homework this weekend and have some new things to share next week! In the meantime, here’s some favorites from the blogosphere.
We might as well start off with the food. It’s the perfect answer to a hectic week. (No wonder I have so much trouble losing weight.) I’ve always wanted to try making Angel Food Cake from scratch. My Favorite Recipes tells me how.
If you need a little chocolate, Your Cup of Cake hits the spot with these Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes.
Moving away from the sweets, I wonder how my kids would react to these Spaghetti Dogs from Polka Dot. I might have to try them for lunch this weekend.
My “style” seems to be more in line with Room Mom 101. I think I need to check out these tattle tale helps.
What are your big labor day plans?
August in Arizona is a little unusual. While most of the country is making the end of summer because their kids are going back to school, our kids have been in school for over a month – we’re half way through the first quarter! So summer vacation is long gone, but the end of the heat is no where in sight. They weather man keeps telling us just a few more days of temperatures over 110, but he’s been saying that for two or three weeks. I keep hoping that by the middle of next week we’ll be basking in those 105 degree days!
So now that we have the school time routine back, how did my month add up?
1 – The singular book I finished this month. At least it was a good one, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I just finished it yesterday. I loved the ending, but hated to see it end!
2 – Pictures entered a local photography contest.
4 – The number of legs on our new fuzzy little stuffed elephant.
19 – Challenge projects completed, including 9 big projects. OK, I didn’t do much to get our recipe blog started, but it’s not on the list anymore! You have to love delegation.
31 – Days over 110! That’s the whole month of August folks. I keep reminding myself how much I love Arizona nine months of the year.
1212 – Page views between the old blog and this one. Now I just need to figure out how to get the traffic from the old blog to come here instead!
How did your August days stack up?