Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Tag Archives: Sisters Grimm
I shared our Sisters Grimm family book club at Arizona Mama and now I’m sharing my book review with you! Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley is a middle grade book about two sisters, Sabrina and Daphne, who are sent to live with their grandma in the town of Fairyport Landing.
In book one of this bestselling series, sisters Sabrina and Daphne are sent to live with their mysterious grandmother, Relda Grimm. The sisters learn they are descendants of the Brothers Grimm, whose famous book of fairy tales is actually a collection of case files. The girls are the latest in a long line of fairy-tale detectives, and their new hometown is filled with Everafters (as magical folks like to be called)—some good and some very, very bad. When a mysterious Everafter sets a giant loose on the town, it’s up to the Sisters Grimm to save the day. – Amazon
This book is chock full of twisted fairy tales as the Everafters try to live normal, every day lives. The term ‘fairy tale’ is used pretty loosely, Shakespear’s Puck is a main character. The Grimm family detective work keeps the peace, even if the Everafters would rather they didn’t.
Besides being thrown into a new life of detective work, the young girls are also dealing with their parents disappearance, a year bouncing around the foster care system and finally their eccentric grandma. If this isn’t hard enough, try sorting out this kind of crazy life with a giant chasing you!
It was a little young for my taste, but still a light and easy read. My younger kids have devoured the series, so I may continue working on it myself. I’d give this book three slices.
It’s the last Friday in April, and I’m peering down the barrel of a very busy month. If I can keep track of everything, it should be enjoyable. With everything going on, it’s easy to list my favorites.
- Last weekend we had dinner at our awesome neighbor’s. She is a great cook and hostess. She cooked a turkey on her BBQ!
- We had a campfire program at Pack Meeting. It was similar to last year as we retired another flag.
- Ladies night out – we went to Organ Stop Pizza. Dinner, a show and good company.
- I finished reading the Sisters Grimm and started The Queen of Attolia.
There are some other favorites on some favorite blogs.
- The Gunny Sack has been doing a series on photography. Today I read about ISO settings.
- Forth of July is a ways off, but these firecracker popcorn bags are so cute.
- I’m not a coffee drinker, but I do love a good coffee cake. This Dark Chocolate Coffee Cake from In Katrina’s Kitchen sounds tasty.
Share your favorite of the moment!