Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: shopping
I’m not exactly sure where May went, but I’m happy to share my favorites from the week before moving on to June! We had a good week, full of lots of good things.
- We had a blast a Flipside. Next time will be even better if we remember to wear closed toe shoes.
- After we emptied our play cards at Flipside, we headed to the mall and found some killer deals at Payless Shoes.
- We finished off the evening by redeeming a ColdStone gift card from 2011. We’re quick like that!
- The WordPress 10 year anniversary celebration! I’m kind of nerdy like that – and I want to learn more to make my blog better for you.
- A fitness themed Pack Meeting. I was in charge of a relay race with spoons and tennis balls. I also got to show off my mad juggling skills.
- I found some great continuing education classes through the local library. The $120 Quick Books class I was looking at through the local college was free! And there were tons to choose from.
- One of my kiddos initiated a cleaning session!
- This week I was blessed to participate in a soldier’s homecoming. They always make me cry. I’m so grateful for their sacrifice and that of their families. Some hadn’t seen each other for almost a year. I’m so glad they are home safely.
- We filled our summer bucket list and even completed our first activity.
What are the highlights from your week?
Happy Friday! Welcome to my favorites.
- I did some shopping with my mom over the weekend and picked up a pair of cute jeans for $20! Yeah for pre-inventory sales. I also started on some birthday shopping for my kiddos.
- I’m still sticking to my goal of losing weight by tracking what I eat, eating less and moving a little more. I’m starting to see some progress.
After a busy start to the week, my body helped me remember to nurture myself. It only took a nagging headache to slow me down. The headache is gone, but I’m still stuck in low gear. Slow is fine, I’m just finding a balance between meeting my responsibilities, nurturing myself and my family.
My favorite blogs inspired some new favorites!
- Your Cup of Cake share some adorable Chocolate Malt Cupcakes.
- Monzanita’s getting crafty with these DIY carseat strap covers.
- I love Hilary Week’s reminder that it’s never to late to complete our goals!
What on your list of favorites today?