Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Tag Archives: Photo challenge
I missed sharing my favorites with you last week because I was knee deep in the amazing ANWA writing conference. Not only did I learn so much, I also met some awesome women. I came home just in time to help my kids with a couple of big projects due this week – those projects didn’t make this week’s favorites, although I enjoyed seeing the end results. Here’s what did make the list:
- Did I mention ANWA? It was really cool, you should go next year!
- The Blue and Gold Banquet had a couple of hiccups, but we rolled with the punches and it turned out well. My favorite part was the Nutella cupcake I savored after I was done being silly in front of the Cub Scouts and their families.
Even though my week was crazy, I still had time to find new favorite posts!
- Speaking of Nutella, anyone want to make me a Chocolate Chip Nutella Cheesecake Bar from Baker’s Royale?
- Picky Palate said she found Marshmallow bits at Target – I want to play with them too and she shares the perfect recipe!
- The Gunny Sack featured a new series / competition called Pinspired & Rewired, interesting concept.
- I love the featured entries for I heart Faces letter A photo challenge.
- I’m filing The Mother Huddle’s Top-stitching tutorial for future use.
Share your favorites of the day!
Our photography club met again, since it was Labor Day and the kids had the day off from school. Before I talk about our lesson and challenge, I’ll share the winners from our last challenge. Yep, there was a tie and here are the winners.
First we pulled out my old college photography text book and discussed lenses, the long and the short of it. Actually the best times to use long and short lenses. Then we talked for a few minutes on perspective line, since that was the theme of this time’s challenge. Once again, I am impressed by how differently we all see the same topic! Without further ado, here are the submissions for this challenge.
Now it’s your turn to get involved, please leave a comment voting for your favorite Perspective Line photo!