Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: Nutella
Did you know there are only 101 days until Christmas? I think I’ll put up the Halloween decorations so it will feel closer! While I’m patiently waiting, I’ll share this week’s favorites.
- I just finished Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale. It’s the sequel to I’ll share my review soon.
- I finally saw the Hunger Games movie. I liked it, but I need to read the book to fill in the gaps where the movie got a little choppy. I’m ready for another book…
- My mom and I enjoyed facials. I even won a Christian Dior prize package with make up, skin care and perfume!
- Afterwards we had gelato!
- Laughed at the ladies comedy night at church.
As you can see, it has been a good week! There’s some fun stuff on my favorite blogs too!
- Chef in Training’s Nutella Cupcakes reminded me of my yummy gelato. (Yes, I had a chocolate hazelnut gelato.)
- I don’t know if any of my old t-shirts are cute enough to make one of these Halloween Wreaths from Positively Splendid.
- The Fall issue of Bird’s Party magazine is online.
- Finally, Hilary Weeks inspired me with a discussion on becoming who we are meant to be. That might be a great word for next year.
I’d love to hear your favorites from the week!
I missed sharing my favorites with you last week because I was knee deep in the amazing ANWA writing conference. Not only did I learn so much, I also met some awesome women. I came home just in time to help my kids with a couple of big projects due this week – those projects didn’t make this week’s favorites, although I enjoyed seeing the end results. Here’s what did make the list:
- Did I mention ANWA? It was really cool, you should go next year!
- The Blue and Gold Banquet had a couple of hiccups, but we rolled with the punches and it turned out well. My favorite part was the Nutella cupcake I savored after I was done being silly in front of the Cub Scouts and their families.
Even though my week was crazy, I still had time to find new favorite posts!
- Speaking of Nutella, anyone want to make me a Chocolate Chip Nutella Cheesecake Bar from Baker’s Royale?
- Picky Palate said she found Marshmallow bits at Target – I want to play with them too and she shares the perfect recipe!
- The Gunny Sack featured a new series / competition called Pinspired & Rewired, interesting concept.
- I love the featured entries for I heart Faces letter A photo challenge.
- I’m filing The Mother Huddle’s Top-stitching tutorial for future use.
Share your favorites of the day!