Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Tag Archives: Museum of Thieves
Goldie Roth is a trained thief and a skilled liar. Along with her friend Toadspit, she’s supposed to be one of the Keepers of the mysterious Museum of Dunt. But although she desperately wants to be a Keeper, she will not leave her sick parents to do so.
But when Toadspit’s sister Bonnie is stolen, he and Goldie are forced to follow the child-stealers to the neighboring city of Spoke. Along the way, Toadspit too is captured, and Goldie is caught up in the Festival of Lies, where every word she says means something else and no one can be trusted. There, Goldie discovers some dangerous secrets—secrets that the child-stealers will kill to protect. She will need all her skills as a thief and a liar if she is to survive and save her friends. ~ Amazon*
The guardians are gone from Jewel and its people are slowly adjusting to controlling their own lives. As Goldie watches the people in the City of Spoke, she is struck by a city that has never lived under the influence of the guardians. We meet some new characters and are reunited with others. My favorite new character is Mouse, who is named for his loyal and talented furry friends.
I enjoyed this book as much as the first with its intrigue, twists and action! I know this book is technically considered a middle grade book, but I loved it too! I am pretty young at heart though. I give this book 4 slices!
* If you click on my Amazon link and buy something, I make a little money and thank you for your support.
Our book club recently met to discuss the book Museum of Thieves. This young adult fantasy reminded me why I enjoy reading young adult books! In addition to it be clean and appropriate, the non-stop plot was full of twists and turns. I give it 5 slices!
One of our book club members said that life with the guardians in control is exactly how she pictures our lives without agency. I love how she ties what we read with a gospel principle! I get caught up in the story and don’t think as much about anything beyond the story, except if it was well written (which this book was).
Another of the girls found it hard to believe that there weren’t more people, adults and teenagers, rebelling from the oppressive government controls. We discussed how people can be conditioned to blindly following parents or government leaders.
We had a great discussion and yummy Sealed with a Kiss Muffins! What more could I ask for in a book club?
What are you reading right now?
Linked to Sundae Scoop.
Is everyone ready for Valentine’s Day? We still have to finish up cards, shopping and complete a craft project. Hopefully we have a productive weekend! Here’s this week’s favorites:
- My hubby and I went to a fun Valentine party at church. Let’s just say there may or may not be incriminating evidence of me dancing. To the left, to the left… Fortunately I had the dance down since I learned it at one of my kiddo’s Disco Party.
- We finally got a trip in to the library and the book store.
- I finished reading Museum of Thieves for our upcoming book club. I’ve already started on our next book, The Lost German Slave Girl. It’s an intriguing story; I’ll let you know what I think when i finish it.
I also have a few favorite blog posts!
- I love the SITS Girls Blog Critiques. They have another new one today.
- Garlands are so festive; Life as a Thrifter’s posted a great collection of garland ideas.
- Somewhat Simple has a great idea for a clothing swap.
- Your Homebased Mom has some Chocolate Lava Cupcakes that might be just the ticket for our Valentine’s day dessert.
Share your favorites of the week, from real life or from your favorite blog.