Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: Minecraft
It’s Friday; the sun is shining; it’s a good day. If I’m completely honest, the sun is more than shining here in Arizona. It’s already hit the oppressively hot stage here. While the excessive heat isn’t my favorite, I had plenty of other favorites this week. Spending time with my kiddos was my hands-down favorite.
- The kids and I had some Minecraft fun. We took virtual and made it reality by building towers to destroy with Nerf guns. It reminded me of our Angry Birds party. We even had a cupcake challenge to create something from the game. I totally winged it, but somehow my creation still connected to the game.
- Started planning our ice cream social. I’ve always wanted to hostess something in addition to kids parties and now I can!
- Wing night at Native New Yorker. I tried 6 or more flavors of their hot wings. Last week, I’d never even thought about other flavors. My favorite is a toss up between the garlic Parmesan and the honey hot.
- My ANWA critique group met again. This time we had a special guest; one of my kiddos joined us and even shared a poem and gave feedback on one of the other stories.
- We made some serious progress on our Summer Bucket List! We visited a library, Half Price Books, and a yogurt shop. The kids took an art class and we made ice chalk (perfect for the heat). A week into our summer, we’ve completed six things!
- Is it vain that one of my favorites is having 21 likes for my Summer Bucket List challenge article?
- Had my new favorite chicken recipe (again) – Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- I cooked up a great family book club plan (minus the cooking) for Deadweather and Sunrise. Now we just need to find time to actually hold it. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow!
See, I told you I have a lot of favorites this week! Don’t let me hog them all, tell me what your favorites are this week.