Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: Kids
I’m not exactly sure where May went, but I’m happy to share my favorites from the week before moving on to June! We had a good week, full of lots of good things.
- We had a blast a Flipside. Next time will be even better if we remember to wear closed toe shoes.
- After we emptied our play cards at Flipside, we headed to the mall and found some killer deals at Payless Shoes.
- We finished off the evening by redeeming a ColdStone gift card from 2011. We’re quick like that!
- The WordPress 10 year anniversary celebration! I’m kind of nerdy like that – and I want to learn more to make my blog better for you.
- A fitness themed Pack Meeting. I was in charge of a relay race with spoons and tennis balls. I also got to show off my mad juggling skills.
- I found some great continuing education classes through the local library. The $120 Quick Books class I was looking at through the local college was free! And there were tons to choose from.
- One of my kiddos initiated a cleaning session!
- This week I was blessed to participate in a soldier’s homecoming. They always make me cry. I’m so grateful for their sacrifice and that of their families. Some hadn’t seen each other for almost a year. I’m so glad they are home safely.
- We filled our summer bucket list and even completed our first activity.
What are the highlights from your week?
So it’s been almost a month since my last Friday Favorites. There’s been too much life going on to take the time to write it down here. Let’s not even talk about the 1000 unread items in my RSS feed. I’m hoping to figure out a way to balance my new responsibilities with my goals. Until then, here’s a quick recap of this week’s favorites.
- Working – Even though I’m struggling to adjust my schedule; I’m grateful to be working and enjoying the people I meet.
- My kids – With less free time, I appreciate even more the time I have with my family.
- ANWA – We had another great meeting. We learned about writing better characters, heard some great readings and of coarse there was yummy food.
- I finished The Paris Wife and started The Great Gatsby.
- Dinner at Red Robin.
Off the top of my RSS feed, here’s a few favorite posts.
- Chef in Training’s Spinach Chicken Alfredo French Bread Pizza.
- A chocolate free Valentine’s gift from Monzanita’s.
- Your Homebased Mom shares reviews on the books she read in January.
Share your Friday Favorites!
It’s Friday and September is half over! It’s almost Christmas, but I’m not worried since I’ve actually started my Christmas shopping. Sorry that was for my mom, she hates hearing about how I get started early. Not only is September half over, so is my Nutrition class. I took my mid-term yesterday. I think my instructor gave me the wrong study guide because the stuff on the test is not what I’ve been studying all week! On to things more favorite than my class.
- I’m so excited about my book club next week. What should I make for dessert? I lent out my copy of the book, so I can’t flip it through for some ideas.
- Pinterest – I know I’m slow on the bandwagon, but better late than never. It is so much fun seeing all the pretty things!
- Kids – Last night one of my kiddos corrected me when I called the napkin square; it’s actually a rectangle by about a half inch. This morning another kiddo wished we could breath in through our noses while breathing out through our mouths so we wouldn’t have to stop to take a breath. I don’t think this has ever been a problem for me. My kids definitely keep me laughing!
- Tomorrow I’m going to Joe’s Farm Grill for Hello there! house meet and greet.
As usual, I have some favorites from my RSS feed too!
- Since I’m chomping at the bit for fall, these Apple Toffee Blondies from Cookies & Cups are calling my name. Maybe I should make them for my book club. Her spider cake is cute too!
- This card sketch from Got Sketch? makes wish I had time to enjoy card making again. Maybe in four weeks when I finish my class.
I better stop playing on the computer and get my homework done so I can actually spend time with my family this weekend. What are your big plans?