Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: Jesterz
I feel so behind since I just shared my 2016 goals and February is more than half over. Before any more of the month slips away, I better get it in the books. Valentine’s Day is over, so now I need to look forward to the next holiday. St. Patrick’s Day?
2.2 – Pounds gained, grrr….
3 – Social events: comedy, night hiking and a girls night out
4 – Blog posts
8 – Family members to Jesterz
14.5 hours of inventory for Performance Bearing
15 – Homemade biscuits, only some of which did we cover with chocolate gravy
19 – Projects completed, including getting the Christmas decorations packed away in the middle of the month
25 – Workouts in January 2016
35 – Books donated to Changing Hands Bookstore
37 – Photos on Instagram
38 – States that visited Just Wanna Be Me
618 – Just Wanna Be Me page views
1532 – Average daily Pinterest views in January
Top Blog Posts in January 2016
- Lehi’s Dream Family Home Evening
- Book Theme Party
- Pizza Nachos
- Native American Blue and Gold
- December 2015 in the Books
January has been a great start to 2016. I hope it has been for you as well. Please share in your January 2016 accomplishments in the comments.
How’s 2012 going for you? I can’t believe the year is half over! How are those New Year’s resolutions progressing? We’ve had a fun filled week, here are my favorites.
- Last weekend we visited Jesterz for some side splitting entertainment.
- We had Pack Meeting this week, which included a tricycle race. I may or may not have challenged the other Cub Scout leaders.
- I had a book club for the book Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. I’ll tell you more about this tough but interesting memoir soon.
- A girls lunch at Paradise Bakery. It was good even though they took my favorite salad off the menu. I think I found a new favorite – besides the cream cheese brownie.
- Family movie night – we watched Night at the Museum in honor of our New York City Summer Camp while eating my new homemade version of Sizzler’s Malibu Chicker.
I’m not the only one having fun; check out what I found on some of my favorite blogs.
- I love how Kari Pike changes gossip into a good thing!
- Monzanita shares a month’s worth of projects. She sure was busy!
- Want your kids to write this summer? Check out 24/7 Moms ways to motivate your kids to write.
Please share your favorites of the week!
- I had so much fun playing with my Silhouette and helping my kiddo make her Mustache Valentines.
- Despite its imperfections, I’m loving my Valentines banner.
- Book Club is a highlight of any week.
- I had a rare trip to Costco alone! Costco is even more expensive when you run out of everything.
- We took the whole family to Jesterz. It was the first time the kiddos had been. They really liked the show, but had a hard time getting home so late.
I found some new favorite ideas from some of my favorite blogs.
- Booking Mama reviewed a yummy memoir called Charlotte au Chocolat. It sounds like something I need to read.
- Chef in Training shared a recipe for Olive Garden Breadsticks. I want to try making these!
- If your looking for even fancier bread sticks, these Parmesan and Herb Cheese Straws from Joy the Baker look so cool!
- Or we could skip the bread all together and enjoy If You’re Happy & You Know it’s story of her sneaky friends celebrating her amazing weight loss journey!
Don’t be shy, share your favorites of the week!
Yeah, it’s Friday! I get to sleep in tomorrow. I know, I shouldn’t be so excited about it since we had a short week and all; but I really like my sleep in days. This week flew by and I don’t feel like I have much to show for it. Here’s short list of this week’s favorites.
- Last weekend we went to Jesterz, one of my favorite date nights.
- I cleaned up the wrapping paper area from Christmas. It now fits nicely in it’s allowed space.
- I tidied up the baskets and knick knacks that were displaced from the Christmas decorations and I put up our few Chinese New Year Decorations.
- I cleaned the microwave. I’m noticing a theme…
Fortunately other people lead more exciting lives. Here’s some of my favorites from the blog world.
- I love using food to help teach. Gourmet Mom on-the-Go’s cookies are great to teach about Sedimentary Rocks.
- Your Homebased Mom has some very inspiring Valentine Decor. I’ll pull my stuff out after Chinese New Year; maybe I can borrow a couple of her projects to do this year.
- And I can’t forget about my Stop, Start, and Continue post over at Arizona Mama.
Please share your favorites of the week, so I can live vicariously through you as I do more cleaning!