Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: Hunger Games
Happy Flag Day! This week’s favorites have largely come from our Summer Bucket List Challenge. So far we have completed 15 items – and most of them were even fun. We had a streak of poor sportsmanship during a game. It was the Hunger Games board game, so maybe it’s hard to be a good sport when your playing a game about bumping off the competition.
- We attempted to attend the MCC Planetarium Night, but we arrived to late to get tickets. No matter, we watched a show about Pluto (poor demoted planet), looked at Saturn through a telescope and shot film canister rockets.
- We had our family book club for Deadweather and Sunrise.
- We tried frying an egg on the sidewalk, but it was too cold. (There’s something you don’t hear about an Arizona summer day very often!) We’ll have to try again when it hits 115.
- We made Father’s Day cards.
- Our ice cream social was a delicious success! There’s even some ice cream left over to make milkshakes; a list item for another day.
- Not a summer bucket list item, but we had another meeting planning the ANWA Writer’s Conference. It’s going to be so cool!
Were your Friday Favorites also you Summer Bucket List items? Share your favorites so I can use them for my family too!
Did you know there are only 101 days until Christmas? I think I’ll put up the Halloween decorations so it will feel closer! While I’m patiently waiting, I’ll share this week’s favorites.
- I just finished Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale. It’s the sequel to I’ll share my review soon.
- I finally saw the Hunger Games movie. I liked it, but I need to read the book to fill in the gaps where the movie got a little choppy. I’m ready for another book…
- My mom and I enjoyed facials. I even won a Christian Dior prize package with make up, skin care and perfume!
- Afterwards we had gelato!
- Laughed at the ladies comedy night at church.
As you can see, it has been a good week! There’s some fun stuff on my favorite blogs too!
- Chef in Training’s Nutella Cupcakes reminded me of my yummy gelato. (Yes, I had a chocolate hazelnut gelato.)
- I don’t know if any of my old t-shirts are cute enough to make one of these Halloween Wreaths from Positively Splendid.
- The Fall issue of Bird’s Party magazine is online.
- Finally, Hilary Weeks inspired me with a discussion on becoming who we are meant to be. That might be a great word for next year.
I’d love to hear your favorites from the week!