Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: Giveaway
A new year isn’t complete without a top ten list – so here’s my top ten posts of 2011!
- Apparently every loves a giveaway – especially for an iPad 2! Josi S. Kilpack sure knows how to kick off a new book.
- My daughter’s elephant sewing project was a lot of work (especially for me), but it turned out great. I love the picture of him reading a book.
- Our last family photography challenge was a ton of fun. We’re definitely due for another challenge.
- When the Family Night Phantom paid us a visit, I passed on the fun tradition to you.
- Working with Cub Scouts has kept us on the front row of great entertainment and experiences. I’m continually surprised at how entertaining Cub Scouts can be. The Raingutter Regatta was no exception.
- I love throwing themed birthday parties for my kiddos. I love how our Teddy Bear Sweet Shop and Nerf Top Shot invitations turned out.
- I love posting my Family Home Evenings; it’s a great record for my family and it can help someone else with their plans. Our Citizenship night was great because we had fun learning and we worked on a Cub Scout goal. Family Home Evening has been a great resource for working on Scout, Faith in God and Personal Progress programs.
- Another giveaway made the list, this time for a recipe bundle.
- We’re always looking for a way to turn an ordinary day into something special. I was excited to learn about National S’mores Day and even more excited I had time to try a batch of yummy S’mores Cookies.
- Last on the list is another Cub Scout post, this time about our Annual Planning Meeting.
Did your favorites make the list? If not, be sure to share them in the comments. Thank you for following along on my Pursuit of Excellence in it’s many varied facets! I appreciate your stopping by and leaving comments. Have a healthy and prosperous New Year.
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.
I guess I’m not very ambitious since my list only had 13 items on it. I’ve completed 4 things on the list and one isn’t important to me anymore. Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out what they want to be when they grow up? After looking at a few other entries, I was inspired with enough ideas to fill out my list.
- Publish a book. I substituted this for “get published in a scrapbook magazine”. So maybe I am more ambitious than I was a few years ago.
- Go back to Italy. I went when I was 15; I’d like to go again now that I’m old enough to appreciate it. I’d specifically like to go to Sicily. While I’m at it, I’d like to go to the island between Northern Italy and Croatia where my Grandpa was born.
- Be debt free.
- Learn to play the piano.
- Grow a fruitful garden.
- Go to Florida with my children. It just so happens that one of the prizes is a trip to the Universal Orlando Resort.
- Be in the temple with all my children.
- Introduce someone to the gospel.
- Be caught up with my scrapbooks.
- Go on a mission.
- Be at peace.
- Read every book in my home library. Then I’d finally catch up with my kids!
- Be financially self sufficient.
- Go to a writer’s conference.
- Take my children to the Smithsonian. I went to the Air and Space Museum when I was a teenager. It was awesome! Now I just need to see the rest of the Smithsonian.
That was pretty fun. So what’s on your bucket list?
Congratulations to Domestic Diva for winning the Recipe Bundle. Please email me at email@example.com with address by September 5, so I can get your prize off in the mail to you!
It’s the last Friday in August, so the heat has to break soon – right? Please? I keep trying to remind myself how nice it was in June and the cool weather will return. Even though the heat isn’t my favorite, there’s plenty of other enjoyable things to distract me.
- A giveaway! I haven’t hosted a giveaway in a while; it’s nice to give something back.
- Good books. I’m about half way through the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and I just started Science Fair for our family book club.
- My grandson outgrowing his newborn clothes – OK, that one’s my favorite because it’s fun to watch him grow, and not my favorite because the time is going by so quickly!
- My daughter and I started a recipe blog to keep all our family’s favorite recipes in spot. I could have used this all those times I was at someone’s house, wishing I had a specific recipe with me. Thanks to Monzanita, who has done all the work, there’s a few recipes up. Look out for more to come.
There’s plenty of other folks having a good time in the blogosphere too!
- Your Homebased Mom has to be having fun making this Cinnamon Roll Cake!
- I’m with Poca Cosa and ready for fall. Her Candy Corn Milkshake could be the ticket.
- The Language of Flowers is another book on my list after reading Booking Mama’s review.
- I’ve been working on a sewing project with one of my kiddos. She wants to learn to sew and I’m trying to teach her with my limited skills. The Mother Huddle listed an awesome directory of sewing tips that I think I will find immensely helpful in my efforts!
What’s keeping your mind off the heat, or the storm if you live back east?