Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: Cooking
February 2016 was longer than most Februarys, so it’s taking me an extra long time to sum it up. Or I got overwhelmed with test preparations. Either way, it’s in the books so let’s get it wrapped up!
1 – Book read, I enjoyed a second Brene Brown book
2 – Social events, one of which was a delicious dinner at Abuelo’s with a few friends from work
2.2 – Pounds gained, can I blame it on too much studying? I did come up with a new strategy. I’ll let you know next month how it worked
3 – Blog posts
4 – New recipes tried, my favorite was the Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
16 – Projects completed, including apply to go back to college for my Bachelor’s degree and a makeover for my coffee table
21 – Photos on Instagram
41 – Sealed with a Kiss Muffins baked, and I love how the photo turned out
92 – Words added to my book
100 – Reasons why I love my sweetie from the Dating Divas
391 – Just Wanna Be Me page views
37815 – Pinterest views
Top Posts of February 2016
- Native American Blue and Gold
- Beatitudes Family Home Evening
- Book Theme Party
- Pizza Nachos
- Simple Blue and Gold
There you have it, and March isn’t even over yet! How did the shortest month of the year go for you? Let me know in the comments, on Facebook, or Twitter.
My inspiration is as varied as my interests! If any of these are new to you, I hope you check them out. What blogs are on your most inspirational list?
Happy Friday the 13th – I hope no scary guys in hockey masks are hanging out in your neighborhood! I started this post last Friday, but I didn’t get very far before I it was time to help out with inventory for my family’s business. Bean counting (or bearing counting in this case) makes for a very long day! So this is a combo list of last week and this one.
- Life – We had a full family game of Life, it was fun even though I came in last. We’re not talking a little behind everyone else, we’re talking my cash and life tokens didn’t come close to the cash everyone else had. Darn midlife crisis! I ended up with the lowest salary possible. Hopefully it’s not a foreshadowing of my real life!
- The Adventures of Tintin – My friend Nota Supermom’s review of this movie was so good, we chose it for our semi-annual trip to the movies. I loved the action packed adventure that kept us laughing.
- Christmas decorations – I finally got them packed up and everything back into the Harry Potter closet. It’s definitely my favorite to not have the house cluttered with boxes and piles of decorations scattered around the house, constantly nagging me to get the job done. I’m happy to say the job is done, although no one in the house was happy while it was getting done.
- Cub Committee Meeting – We have some exciting plans for the next three months; first up a Chinese New Year Pack Meeting! I’ll review last year’s ideas to help pull the details together. I also tried these yummy Nutella cookies. I’d say they were a hit since they were gone the next day!
There’s some great inspiration around the blogosphere too!
- Kim from It’s a Crafty Life is inspiring me to get back on track with our Family Photography Club.
- I might have to try this easy crock pot meal from Dinner Time Ideas.
I’m also devoting time each week to my word of 2012 – nurture. I nurtured myself this week by eliminating a someday goal from my current routine. I might be able to do it all, but not in a week!
Please share your favorites of the day!