Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Tag Archives: Christmas
I’ve got the tree up, decorated it yesterday, and there’s even gifts under it thanks to my mother in law. But it still doesn’t feel like December. Maybe if I mentally slice November that will help! It didn’t work great last month, but I’ll try again.
.2 – Pounds gained in November. (I’m blaming it on Thanksgiving and White Chocolate Pretzel Cookies.)
2 – Days at Time Out for Women. It was a nice getaway!
4 – Articles written, including Top 3 Toddler Gift Ideas featuring my grandson!
5 – Christmas movies watched. Isn’t that one of the best parts of Christmas?
6 – Projects completed (7 if you count the one I crossed of my list without doing it).
12 – Blog posts written.
15 – Pounds of turkey cooked on Thanksgiving. He was so cute and kind of little for our family.
48 – Rolls made for Thanksgiving dinner.
50 – States that visited my blog.
52 – Countries represented!
1454 – Page views! Thank you for another new record.
3148 – Words added to my book. I didn’t win NaNoWriMo, but I did better than last year. At this rate, it will only take me 27 years to actually win!
Share your successes from November!
Yeah, it’s the last Friday in September! Here’s this week’s favorites.
- Spent the day with my cute grandson while some of the other kiddos went to an amusement park.
- Since I had the house to myself after he went to bed, I sneaked in a Christmas movie, The 12 Dates of Christmas.
- I finished our family book club read, The Dragonfly Pool and can’t wait to share my review. (I’m just a few behind.)
- Participated in an awesome Relief Society clothing exchange.
- My kids made some delicious chocolate muffins. Since they are muffins that totally makes them breakfast food, right?
- My new article is up at Arizona Mama – Fall Fun at the Park! Please check it out and leave me a comment.
There’s some cool favorites online too!
- It’s time to pull out the Halloween decorations. Wouldn’t these Monster Pedestal Jars from The Celebration Shop be a cute addition to our decor?
- I’ve been meaning to try making a big batch of homemade taco seasoning. Maybe I should try a batch from My Favorite Recipes to see if I like it – then make a big batch.
- Givers Log pointed out that there are only 12 weeks until Christmas! (See, I’m totally justified in watching Christmas movies!) She has a link for a coolio checklist for those of you who make your gifts. I don’t so much make too many gifts, but I have been gathering ideas and even bought a few things.
- I enjoyed Annette Lyon’s guest post on Chocolate on my Cranium about having real conversations with our children.
Don’t be shy, share your Friday favorites!
Happy New Year’s Eve Eve! Between recuperating from Christmas and the kids home all day, this has been a very low key, relaxed week. It’s a nice change from the hustle and bustle preparing for Christmas. Tomorrow night we have a low key family party at home to ring in the New Year. It’s fairly traditional, so there is little planning. On to this week’s favorites.
- Obviously Christmas was my favorite; though it can be a little sad when it ends.
- I finished reading Daughters in My Kingdom.
- Just Dance 3 on our new Kinect. (Thanks Mom!)
- A little 2-days after Christmas shopping.
- Some babysitting and
- A trip to the library.
Like I said, it’s been a very low key week. I haven’t been on the computer a ton this week, but I found a few things to share.
- Shannon Hale shared her 2011 Great Reads.
- It’s a Crafty Life shares a cute scrapbook sketch.
- I love end of the year count downs; In Katrina’s Kitchen counts down her top recipes of the year!
How did you spend the last week of 2011?