Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Tag Archives: Blogust
I’m loving monsoon season this year (except for the destruction its caused in a few areas). 100 degrees just doesn’t feel as hot when it’s overcast. The lightning show is definitely one of my favorites. Here are a few other favorites.
- Took the kids to a Diamondbacks game. I love the rewards from the summer reading program! There were even fireworks after the show; they gave the lightning a run for its money!
- We had our family book club for Princess Academy. Did I mention I’m excited for the sequel, Palace of Stone, to come out on Tuesday?
- I get to help out with the Junior Achievement project my kiddos are doing at school! Junior Achievement made my high school economics class awesome.
- Also helping my son out with BSA popcorn sales.
- Book club for Sherlock Holmes. (It was a big book week!) I made Molten Lava Cake in the crock pot. It was very rich, but good.
- There’s a few more days to enter my Hallmark Giveaway. I love giving stuff to my friends!
I’m not the only one having fun this week, here are my favorites on the web.
- Shot at Life Blogust campaign is still in full swing. Head over to formerly phread and leave a comment. Easy as that you’ve just provided immunization to a child in need!
- I’ve always believed that reading is a key to success but Harvard Business Review sheds new light on the benefits of reading for leaders!
- Food Renegade’s post on honey not being honey, doesn’t make me do the happy dance – but it’s good to know what to keep my eyes open for!
Don’t let me have the fun alone! What are your favorites this week?
Happy August! Arizona started off the month with a flash – or several flash floods! We weren’t personally affected, but we see the results as we drive to school. It’s cool to see Mother Nature’s power, but it can be a little scary. So parts of the storm are included in my favorites. Here’s the rest of my favorites.
- Brave – Finally saw it last weekend and I loved it!
- ANWA critique group meeting – I received some great feedback on one of my projects!
- Princess Academy – I’m almost done reading for the second time for our family book club. My timing corresponds perfectly with Shannon Hale’s behind the scenes book club. There’s less than three weeks until the sequel, Palace of Stone, comes out!
- Mission Possible giveaway – Be sure to enter!
Other favorites I found online:
- Blogust – What to save a life simply by leaving a comment? Shot@Life is running a campaign for the month of August with 31 different bloggers. For every comment left on the hosting blogger’s site, $20 will be donated to help immunize a child in a developing nation. I urge you to leave a comment a month and make a life-saving difference in the world!
- Positively Splendid shares a touching first day of school experience that is worth the read.
- Are you planning on photographing a newborn anytime soon? I Heart Faces has some great tips to keep those babies happy.
- Even though I’ve been extremely disciplined and have only had one treat since Monday, these Reeses Rice Krispie Treats from Bakers Royale are tempting and beautiful. (There’s something I never thought I’d say!)
What’s your favorite today? Is it something fun or is it something meaningful?