Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: ABC Murders
September’s gone and the holiday season is officially beginning around here. We pulled the Halloween decorations out of the closet yesterday. Hopefully we’ll get them up today. My house will be be decorated from now until January. Before I embrace the October, I’ll sum up the month past.
1 – Super fun meeting for our new book club.
2.2 – Pounds gained! I’m so disappointed, but it’s understandable with all my snacking trying to stay awake while reading hours worth of a dry nutrition text book. Ironic, I know.
3 – Family history names checked for accuracy.
8 – Chapters read in my nutrition text book.
9 – Nutrition labs completed.
10 – Challenge projects completed.
12 – Scrapbook layouts completed.
20 – Nutrition assignments completed.
1541 – Page views. I’m surprised at how many are still from my old domain.
There are way too many school related numbers for September! Only a couple more weeks left until my life can get back to “normal”. How did your month add up?
I have lots of favorites this week, and that’s not even including the fact that Halloween is coming. Yeah fall!
- Our first book club!
- I finally posted our photography challenge entries. Please vote. We tried doing it ourselves, but we all just voted for ourselves and it was a four way tie.
- The A.B.C. Murders – I finished another Agatha Christie book this week. I didn’t actually read the entire book this week; I started it at the beginning of this month. Now I’m reading The Host, I’m not sure if it’s a favorite yet.
There’s even more fun stuff in the wonderful world of blogs!
- The new issue of Party Dress Magazine is ready for your viewing pleasure.
- I’ve been learning about 72 hour kits for over 20 years and I thought I pretty much had it down. Everyday Food Storage shares why we should include nylons in our 72 hour kits!
- I love this sketch for cards or scrapbooks from Got Sketch? I had to pin the first sample.
- My daughter is writing for Arizona Mama! See how she rescued a cute shirt with a stain into another cute project.
What are your plans for the first weekend of fall?
- There’s a new etsy shop in the family selling Mother’s Pin Necklaces. If you have a Cub or Boy Scout, this is a perfect place to keep and display all those Mother’s Pins your Scout earns.
- Lunch with friends always brightens up a week.
- Monsoon season. We enjoyed the pounding rain, hurricane winds and even a little hail. My kiddos were drenched after playing in it for a few minutes.
There’s some exciting things in the Blogosphere too!
- Since the kids went back to school, I’ve catching up on my scrapbooking. Creating Keepsakes have some cute layout ideas to freshen up my pages.
- Somewhat Simple shares a in depth tutorial to make one of those cute Tulle Skirts for around $5.
- Your Cup of Cake shares some yummy Chocolate Cake Doughnuts.
- If you want a healthy breakfast, try the Giver’s Log’s Oatmeal Pancakes.
- I’m going to have to try Bakers Royal’s Salted Caramel Brownies!
- I love Cook with Food Storage’s idea of making your own Pop Tarts. I rarely buy them for my kids because they’re not very healthy. These would be better because you control what’s in them.
- I won Agatha Christie’s ABC Murders from Booking Mama. Today she’s discussing the book.
- Monzanita shares her labor of love – embroidered growth charts.
Share your favorite of the day!