I know we are well past the time of New Year’s Resolutions, but I tend to be a goal-oriented girl anyway. My 2016 goals took me a couple of weeks to narrow down. I know 10 goals can be a lot as it is, but I try to keep them obtainable – that’s why I limit myself to 10. I could set realistic goals like eat chocolate every day, but I set goals that are realistic and also keep me motivated. Without any further ado, here’s my list.
- Complete my CPCU insurance designation. I have two test left and I’m on track to finish in May. Meeting this goal comes with its own special reward – the awards ceremony is in Hawaii!
- Attend a writing retreat. By meeting the goal above, I’ll be in Hawaii when I would normally be attending my favorite writer’s conference. So that makes attending a writing retreat a must, and I already have the time off from work.
- Add 6000 words to my latest book project. I anticipate most of the progress of this goal to be reached while I’m at the above mentioned writing retreat. Although, I did get a 126 word start on it in January.
- Blog two times per month.
- Read 20 books. That’s only one more than I read last year, so I think I can do it.
- Scrapbook 2015, I’m finally going digital. I used Snapfish to make a scrapbook for a gift that turned out great.
- Promote to a new position – or at least try real hard!
- Work out three times per week.
- Start working on my Bachelor’s degree.
- A Monthly Random Act of Kindness.
So there they are, my 2016 goals. I’m happy to say that as of a week into February, I’m still on track with all of them. As much as I like eating chocolate, it’s probably a good thing I didn’t add that as a goal, because I think I actually missed a couple of days already!
I’d love to see your goals! Maybe we could help motivate each other by sharing our journey. Here’s to an amazing 2016!