Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category Archives: Writing
Every New Year I list my top ten memories or accomplishments from the out going year and set 10 goals for the incoming year. Before I do that I like to look at the lists from the previous year. Of my 10 goals I set for 2015, I completed 7 of them. I even exceeded a few.
- Completed my Associate in Claims in February.
- Went to the ANWA Writer’s Conference.
- Added 7001 words to my book, even though my goal was only 5000. I was working on another year at the beginning of the year, but I got bogged down in the story. I had another story tickling my brain but I kept pushing it off because I had to finish what I started. I’m not a quitter you know! At writer’s conference I realized how much I have learned about writing since I started writing that first book. And I gave myself permission to take it to a good stopping point and come back to it later. The excitement of starting a new project (and a 4 day writing retreat) propelled me past my goal by the end of June.
- Posted to my blog monthly. Not only did I post every month, I published 22 blog post. That’s almost double my goal!
- My goal was to read 18 books, but I finished my 19th book on New Year’s Eve.
- I did awesome at tracking my food intake on My Fitness Pal! My goal was 5 days a week, but I tracked it almost every day last year.
- In August I started a new position as a total loss claim associate.
Unfortunately that leaves three goals unmet.
- One was hard to keep track of and harder to obtain, to exercise or play a game with the kids. Some weeks their are only with me a couple of school nights and life was too busy to have time to play. There were also a few times they spent the entire week with their dad. My intention was to set time to have fun together. It doesn’t seem like it should be that hard, but then there’s life.
- I decided to start scrapbooking digitally and print the books on Snapfish. My goal was to catch up on the last four years, I actually finished zero.
- My final failed goal was to lose 10 pounds, but I gained weight last year instead.
There’s no use in beating myself up for the missed goals. I can learn from them just as much as I can from the goals I met. I continue to learn to fine tune them and focus in on what’s most important to me. I still working on not trying to do more than I can, but continue to push myself to improve.
So as you look back to 2015, what were your accomplishments and lessons learned? As we share, we can all get a broader perspective and support each other.
With October 2015 in the books, the holiday season is officially here. But before I get carried away with the festivities, let’s see how life went last month.
.4 – Pounds gained. While I was close to holding steady, I didn’t quite make it
5 – Beanbags made to play games with the Halloween trick-or-treaters
16 – Projects completed, including finally getting my carpets cleaned
28 – Bagel Mummy Pizzas for my work Halloween potluck
33 – Photos added to Instagram in October
142 – Words added to my book
439 – Just Wanna Be Me pageviews
93,513 – Pinterest views
Top Just Wanna Be Me Posts for October
July 2015 is in the books and I am so glad I wasn’t moving this year (unlike the previous 2 Julys). Not only did I not move, but I continue to get more settled and have added a little more character to my home – bicycle wheel and all!
1 – Blogger event at Kneaders. There was delicious food with all kinds of interesting things to look at and socializing. In addition to some of my favorite things, we had a kitchen tour.
1 – New software, yay Scrivener! I did get my book transferred over, but I’m still learning all the cool things it can do.
1.6 – Pounds lost in July, almost as much as I gained in June.
2 – Kinds of muffins for Sunday breakfasts; Blueberry and Chocolate.
3 – I finished 3 books! It took me a couple of months to finish my commercial insurance book (AINS 23). And significantly longer to finish The Corner of Bitter and Sweet and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families. (Add links)
5 – People around the table at Ted’s Hot Dogs.
11 – Projects completed, a little cleaning, a little decorating and quite a bit of reading.
38 – States visited the blog.
41 – Photos posted on Instagram.
54.15 – Percentage of Just Wanna Be Me visitors are men!
100 – Plastic dinosaurs hidden around my house. When we find one, we hide it again for someone else to find.
150 – Crunches, baby steps.
205 – Number of visits from Russia, beating out USA. What’s going on there?
464 – Inner Thigh Pulses
512 – Side Leg Lifts
551 – Side Lunges
633 – Just Wanna Be Me pageviews
712 – Leg Swings
751 – Plie Squats
762 – Words added to my book.
25884 – Pinterest views
As you can see by some of the last numbers, I did pretty good sticking to the 30 day leg challenge.This month I focusing on my bootie and trying to sneak more ab work too. August holds some other excitement other loving my body back into shape, but I’ll tell you about that in a few short weeks. Please share your July highlights or August goals!
Top Pinterest Posts
Top Blog Posts
1. Pizza Nachos
I’m so glad life settled down in June! There was still plenty going on and I got overwhelmed a few times but overall things were manageable. I’m looking forward to the routine of school, but I do enjoy not having to get kids up and out the door on time. I just wish I could spend more time being lazy or playing with them!
1 – Bicycle wheel on my wall, the first step of our family mission statement display
2 – New lenses again – I had to have them remade since I’m poly-carbonite sensitive
2.2 – Pounds gained. Darn it!
4 – Days at a writing retreat; I may have overestimated the snack to hiking ratio and gained most of my weight that weekend
7 – Social events, there were parties, retreat and dinners with friends
9 – Projects completed in June, and only a few of them were writing related
37 – Countries that visited Just Wanna Be Me in June, Brazil was #2 after the USA
459 – Page views, my Summer Goals for Kids was the most popular
1626 – Russian twists, I lost a half inch in my waist, but gained it on my hips
3886 – Words added to my book, yay retreat!
With 2015 half over, I looked back over my New Year’s Goals. I’ve completed or am on track for six of my ten goals; I completed my Associate in Claims, went to a writing conference and I start training for my promotion tomorrow. Thanks to the writing retreat, I exceeded my writing goal of 5000 words to my book and I still have six months left! I have been very diligent about tracking my food and exercise and have blogged at least once a month (barely, but I’m still hanging in there). The rest of my goals seem pretty far out of reach but they help me track my growth and fine tune what is truly important in my life.
How’s your progress with your resolutions or goals at the half way point of 2015?