Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category Archives: Photography
May was busy, but at least it was a good busy unlike April. The month was full of celebrations from a wedding to birthdays and graduations. Oh yeah and Mother’s Day was thrown in the mix for good measure.
0 – Weight lost, also the amount of weight gained – so there’s that
1 – New dishwasher!
2 – New lenses
4 – Other moms who enjoyed a Mother’s Day brunch with me
6 – Bras for $30 shipped from Zuilily
9 – Celebrations, all those birthdays and graduations – I even posted my favorite graduation speech on YouTube
13 – Projects completed, most of them were celebration related!
24 – Tables decorated for a friends wedding, which was a great way to spend time with my girls
31 – Pictures on Instagram
47 – Countries that visited the blog
178 – Words added to my book, the celebrating cut into my writing time
618 – Pageviews on Just Wanna Be Me
1640 – Squats completed in the month of May
All in all, May was a good month with many happy moments to celebrate with family and friends. I must admit, I wouldn’t mind if June was a little more lo-key.
Share your plans for June!
I’m still struggling to make time to post more often, but at least I have two consecutive Friday Favorites! Without further ado, here’s this week’s favorites.
- Cake pop heaven – a dozen girls making over 2000 cake pops. My kitchen floors have almost recovered. Despite the mess and time, it was nice to help them get to camp.
- Deadlines met – I finished my articles for the Homemaking Cottage just in time.
- Meeting friendly people at work.
- I actually did some writing on my work in progress!
- Fun Valentine’s Day traditions, ending with a heart shaped pizza.
- Two soon to be released books arrived for me to review.
Here’s a few quick picks from my blog reader.
- This toasted marshmallow cookies & cream shake from the Picky Palate sounds good when the weather warms up. That should be in a month or two here in Arizona.
- Want to take better outdoor portraits? I heart Faces has a great post on using a reflector.
- In Katrina’s Kitchen shares a tutorial on how to use PicMonkey to create a photo collage.
What made your list for Friday Favorites?
I hope you are enjoying your November before you kiss it good-bye tonight! Are you ready for December? I’m trying, but I wish I had my Christmas decorations up already – and my shopping. Life feels like it’s on fast forward and I’m working in slow motion! Even with all its busyness, this time of year has so many of my favorites!
- Last weekend we took our family pictures for our Christmas card. I’m so happy they turned out so good. This photography tutorial helped!
- A little black Friday shopping with my girls. We didn’t get up early or anything crazy like that…but there was that one line in Kohl’s that we stood in.
- We put up our new tree! Over the summer my daughter found a 12 foot Christmas tree at a garage sale (or something). It is so big and beautiful! Now to find the time to decorate it…
- Christmas movies! We’ve already watched three of my favorites; The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, The Christmas Card, and The Ultimate Gift.
- Book club for Before I Go to Sleep. It was an interesting discussion, I’ll share more soon.
- A blogger event at Cafe Zupas. The grand opening is Saturday December 8!
Now for a few favorites from a few of my favorite blogs:
- `Tis the season for great, simple gifts. I’d love to receive Cookies and Cups’ Peanut Butter Cup Granola. It would probably be a good gift to give too; you know, if you’re into giving away delicious food.
- Once you figured out what gifts you’re giving you might need Positively Splendid’s Drawstring Fabric Gift bags.
- Chef in Training’s Overnight Egg Nog French Toast would be fun to try. Maybe on Christmas Eve morning. We already have a traditional Christmas morning breakfast.
Now it’s your turn to share your week’s favorites!