Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Category Archives: Photography
I’m still struggling to make time to post more often, but at least I have two consecutive Friday Favorites! Without further ado, here’s this week’s favorites.
- Cake pop heaven – a dozen girls making over 2000 cake pops. My kitchen floors have almost recovered. Despite the mess and time, it was nice to help them get to camp.
- Deadlines met – I finished my articles for the Homemaking Cottage just in time.
- Meeting friendly people at work.
- I actually did some writing on my work in progress!
- Fun Valentine’s Day traditions, ending with a heart shaped pizza.
- Two soon to be released books arrived for me to review.
Here’s a few quick picks from my blog reader.
- This toasted marshmallow cookies & cream shake from the Picky Palate sounds good when the weather warms up. That should be in a month or two here in Arizona.
- Want to take better outdoor portraits? I heart Faces has a great post on using a reflector.
- In Katrina’s Kitchen shares a tutorial on how to use PicMonkey to create a photo collage.
What made your list for Friday Favorites?
I hope you are enjoying your November before you kiss it good-bye tonight! Are you ready for December? I’m trying, but I wish I had my Christmas decorations up already – and my shopping. Life feels like it’s on fast forward and I’m working in slow motion! Even with all its busyness, this time of year has so many of my favorites!
- Last weekend we took our family pictures for our Christmas card. I’m so happy they turned out so good. This photography tutorial helped!
- A little black Friday shopping with my girls. We didn’t get up early or anything crazy like that…but there was that one line in Kohl’s that we stood in.
- We put up our new tree! Over the summer my daughter found a 12 foot Christmas tree at a garage sale (or something). It is so big and beautiful! Now to find the time to decorate it…
- Christmas movies! We’ve already watched three of my favorites; The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, The Christmas Card, and The Ultimate Gift.
- Book club for Before I Go to Sleep. It was an interesting discussion, I’ll share more soon.
- A blogger event at Cafe Zupas. The grand opening is Saturday December 8!
Now for a few favorites from a few of my favorite blogs:
- `Tis the season for great, simple gifts. I’d love to receive Cookies and Cups’ Peanut Butter Cup Granola. It would probably be a good gift to give too; you know, if you’re into giving away delicious food.
- Once you figured out what gifts you’re giving you might need Positively Splendid’s Drawstring Fabric Gift bags.
- Chef in Training’s Overnight Egg Nog French Toast would be fun to try. Maybe on Christmas Eve morning. We already have a traditional Christmas morning breakfast.
Now it’s your turn to share your week’s favorites!
Welcome to the first official day of autumn! I guess it’s time to get some motivation to put up some fall decorations. Or I could share this week’s favorites instead.
- My daughter delivered my Halloween costume. What could be easier than throwing on an Angry Birds hat?
- Another daughter and I made our first Lemon Meringue Pie. Yummy and dangerous to my weight loss efforts!
- I finished Caribbean Crossing by Connie E. Sokol. I’ll be reviewing it soon.
- We have one vote on our Photography Challenge, but we’d love more.
Since my week was pretty low key (although getting the oil change was pretty exciting), I found more excitement at some of favorite websites.
- Booking Mama gave me another book to add to my to-read list. Not that I really need that list to be longer, but you know how it goes.
- We have a long list of taco and pizza variations, but this Pizza Quesadilla from Blog Chef sounds like a great combination of the two.
- With Halloween just around the corner, these Patchwork Pumpkins from Positively Splendid would be a great addition to any decor.
- I love Poco Cosa’s book initials, even though it seems a little cannibalistic for a book lover to destroy books like this.
Leave a comment and tell me your favorites!