Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Category Archives: Give Away
It’s the last Friday in August, so the heat has to break soon – right? Please? I keep trying to remind myself how nice it was in June and the cool weather will return. Even though the heat isn’t my favorite, there’s plenty of other enjoyable things to distract me.
- A giveaway! I haven’t hosted a giveaway in a while; it’s nice to give something back.
- Good books. I’m about half way through the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and I just started Science Fair for our family book club.
- My grandson outgrowing his newborn clothes – OK, that one’s my favorite because it’s fun to watch him grow, and not my favorite because the time is going by so quickly!
- My daughter and I started a recipe blog to keep all our family’s favorite recipes in spot. I could have used this all those times I was at someone’s house, wishing I had a specific recipe with me. Thanks to Monzanita, who has done all the work, there’s a few recipes up. Look out for more to come.
There’s plenty of other folks having a good time in the blogosphere too!
- Your Homebased Mom has to be having fun making this Cinnamon Roll Cake!
- I’m with Poca Cosa and ready for fall. Her Candy Corn Milkshake could be the ticket.
- The Language of Flowers is another book on my list after reading Booking Mama’s review.
- I’ve been working on a sewing project with one of my kiddos. She wants to learn to sew and I’m trying to teach her with my limited skills. The Mother Huddle listed an awesome directory of sewing tips that I think I will find immensely helpful in my efforts!
What’s keeping your mind off the heat, or the storm if you live back east?
I know you are probably thinking I’m a slow, but I’m still basking in the evo glow! And today I’m going to share my bounty with one lucky reader!
- The wonderful people at Nature’s Path provided “the Eatwell Cookbook”. This 97 page cookbook has recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert featuring Nature’s Path products. I’m always a little leery trying “health foods”, but I try it once. I found several Nature’s Path products I really like, including Love Crunch. I can’t wait to try some of the recipes in this cookbook!
- The Compassionate Diet by Arran Stephens. If you have ever wondered or considered a vegetarian diet, this is an excellent resource.
- Nature’s Path recipe cards – A few more great recipes to try!
- Chef Dan‘s recipe cards – McDonalds sponsored recipes and tips from Chef Dan.
Sounds pretty good! To enter for your chance to win, simply leave a comment sharing the last new recipe you tried. The contest will be open through Sunday. The winner will be chosen randomly and announced on Monday. Good Luck!
- Mopped floors and a couple of kiddos who were not only willing, but eager to help!
- Watching the ultrasound of my grand baby.
There’s some cool stuff in my little blogging world too.
- A truck load of summer reading programs. I listed all the Arizona programs I could find over at Arizona Mama.
- I have heard of Buttermilk Syrup; the Tasty Kitchen Blog shares the recipe and lots of pictures of the process.
- Positively Splendid has a giveaway for wood craft shapes that should help keep the kids busy.
- Creating Keepsakes is hosting Free Font Friday – CK Limerick is really cute!
The kids and I love to quote books, comedians and You Tube videos; but we quote movies the most. In A to Z fashion, here are some of our favorite movie quotes. There’s only one movie per letter, but none for X – Z. A few of them are a little obscure, but what do you expect from us? I want to thank my kiddos for their help with the contest. We might have to do another round in the future because we left out so many great quotes.
Email your answers to raejeaneasyaspie at gmail
- Excuse me. Did you bring here? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? And all the sudden your walking out on me? I don’t think so, you’re getting your wishes. So SIT DOWN!
- Crazy old Maurice!
- Why do we even have that lever?
- Aaaaaaaaaaaassssssss yooooou wiiiishhhhhhhh!
- Corn, corn, corn, nothing but corn.
- Excuse Me!Well that’s too darn bad.
- He touched the butt.
- That was totally wicked!
- You broke my smolder.
- It’s so pink and fluffy I’m gonna DIE!
- Who’s evolved?
- There is no price for awesomeness… or attractiveness.
- Why do you have two noses?
- Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer
- Let’s go get some honey buns!
- Pinned ya! Pinned ya again.
- My evil stepsister, you’ve seen Cinderella, right? Let me clue you in, I win
- I’m tired, and I’m hungry. And my tail’s froze. And my nose is froze. And my ears are froze. And my toes are froze.
- What do you want to do? I don’t know… What do you want to do? Now don’t start that again!
- You better be back by Christmas!
- You know, there’s nothing more pathetic than a flame retarded dragon.
- You bedazzled my football!?!
- Where is My hair brush?
After you email me your entries, share your favorite movie quote, and then check out this “Q” blogger participating in the A to Z Challenge. (For some strange reason there aren’t too many.)