Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Category Archives: Give Away
A new year isn’t complete without a top ten list – so here’s my top ten posts of 2011!
- Apparently every loves a giveaway – especially for an iPad 2! Josi S. Kilpack sure knows how to kick off a new book.
- My daughter’s elephant sewing project was a lot of work (especially for me), but it turned out great. I love the picture of him reading a book.
- Our last family photography challenge was a ton of fun. We’re definitely due for another challenge.
- When the Family Night Phantom paid us a visit, I passed on the fun tradition to you.
- Working with Cub Scouts has kept us on the front row of great entertainment and experiences. I’m continually surprised at how entertaining Cub Scouts can be. The Raingutter Regatta was no exception.
- I love throwing themed birthday parties for my kiddos. I love how our Teddy Bear Sweet Shop and Nerf Top Shot invitations turned out.
- I love posting my Family Home Evenings; it’s a great record for my family and it can help someone else with their plans. Our Citizenship night was great because we had fun learning and we worked on a Cub Scout goal. Family Home Evening has been a great resource for working on Scout, Faith in God and Personal Progress programs.
- Another giveaway made the list, this time for a recipe bundle.
- We’re always looking for a way to turn an ordinary day into something special. I was excited to learn about National S’mores Day and even more excited I had time to try a batch of yummy S’mores Cookies.
- Last on the list is another Cub Scout post, this time about our Annual Planning Meeting.
Did your favorites make the list? If not, be sure to share them in the comments. Thank you for following along on my Pursuit of Excellence in it’s many varied facets! I appreciate your stopping by and leaving comments. Have a healthy and prosperous New Year.
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.
I guess I’m not very ambitious since my list only had 13 items on it. I’ve completed 4 things on the list and one isn’t important to me anymore. Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out what they want to be when they grow up? After looking at a few other entries, I was inspired with enough ideas to fill out my list.
- Publish a book. I substituted this for “get published in a scrapbook magazine”. So maybe I am more ambitious than I was a few years ago.
- Go back to Italy. I went when I was 15; I’d like to go again now that I’m old enough to appreciate it. I’d specifically like to go to Sicily. While I’m at it, I’d like to go to the island between Northern Italy and Croatia where my Grandpa was born.
- Be debt free.
- Learn to play the piano.
- Grow a fruitful garden.
- Go to Florida with my children. It just so happens that one of the prizes is a trip to the Universal Orlando Resort.
- Be in the temple with all my children.
- Introduce someone to the gospel.
- Be caught up with my scrapbooks.
- Go on a mission.
- Be at peace.
- Read every book in my home library. Then I’d finally catch up with my kids!
- Be financially self sufficient.
- Go to a writer’s conference.
- Take my children to the Smithsonian. I went to the Air and Space Museum when I was a teenager. It was awesome! Now I just need to see the rest of the Smithsonian.
That was pretty fun. So what’s on your bucket list?
I like mysteries and I like food, so of course I’m interested in Josi S. Kilpack’s Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery Series. As a matter of fact, one of my kiddos and I have been drooling over her covers for quite some time. She even gave me one of the books for my birthday, thinking it was the first one in the series. But it turned out it was the fourth, Key Lime Pie. Life’s been so crazy since then, I haven’t taken the time to see how important it is to read the books in order. Maybe you can let me know in a comment so I know if I’d be lost starting with number four. I better get a move since the 6th book, Pumpkin Roll, just came out!
In conjunction with the release of Pumpkin Roll the author, Josi S. Kilpack, and the publisher, Shadow Mountain, are sponsoring a contest for a new iPad. To enter, leave a comment in the comment section of this blog before November 1, 2011. Winners will be announced and notified November 3rd 2011.
For additional ways to enter, go to www.josiskilpack.com