Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category Archives: family
Every New Year I list my top ten memories or accomplishments from the out going year and set 10 goals for the incoming year. Before I do that I like to look at the lists from the previous year. Of my 10 goals I set for 2015, I completed 7 of them. I even exceeded a few.
- Completed my Associate in Claims in February.
- Went to the ANWA Writer’s Conference.
- Added 7001 words to my book, even though my goal was only 5000. I was working on another book at the beginning of the year, but I got bogged down in the story. I had another story tickling my brain but I kept pushing it off because I had to finish what I started. I’m not a quitter you know! At writer’s conference I realized how much I have learned about writing since I started writing that first book. And I gave myself permission to take it to a good stopping point and come back to it later. The excitement of starting a new project (and a 4 day writing retreat) propelled me past my goal by the end of June.
- Posted to my blog monthly. Not only did I post every month, I published 22 blog post. That’s almost double my goal!
- My goal was to read 18 books, but I finished my 19th book on New Year’s Eve.
- I did awesome at tracking my food intake on My Fitness Pal! My goal was 5 days a week, but I tracked it almost every day last year.
- In August I started a new position as a total loss claim associate.
Unfortunately that leaves three goals unmet.
- One was hard to keep track of and harder to obtain, to exercise or play a game with the kids. Some weeks their are only with me a couple of school nights and life was too busy to have time to play. There were also a few times they spent the entire week with their dad. My intention was to set time to have fun together. It doesn’t seem like it should be that hard, but then there’s life.
- I decided to start scrapbooking digitally and print the books on Snapfish. My goal was to catch up on the last four years, I actually finished zero.
- My final failed goal was to lose 10 pounds, but I gained weight last year instead.
There’s no use in beating myself up for the missed goals. I can learn from them just as much as I can from the goals I met. I continue to learn to fine tune them and focus in on what’s most important to me. I still working on not trying to do more than I can, but continue to push myself to improve.
So as you look back to 2015, what were your accomplishments and lessons learned? As we share, we can all get a broader perspective and support each other.
December 2015 is history. As usual, I’m always a little sad to see December end after all the anticipation and build up of the season. I’m trying to get excited about Valentine’s Day so I have something new to look forward to and help motivate me to pack away the Christmas decorations. Before I get ahead of myself, let’s wrap up December.
Pounds gained, overtime and extra holiday busyness aren’t good for my workout routine.
4 – Social events including a Christmas Eve brunch.
6 – Projects completed, including a bar stool overhaul.
35 – Christmas cards mailed.
36 – Photos posted on Instagram.
48 – Rolls made to take to Christmas dinner. Since there was only 7 of us eating, I have a couple dozen in my freezer.
401 – Page views on Just Wanna Be Me.
114185 – Pinterest views.
Top Blog Posts
- Book Theme Party
- Celebrating Thanksgiving Just for Me
- Pizza Nachos
- Prophets & Brownies FHE
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas
Please share what made your Christmas magical in the comments section. I hope your New Year will be a healthy and happy one.