Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Category Archives: Cub Scouts
I’m not exactly sure where May went, but I’m happy to share my favorites from the week before moving on to June! We had a good week, full of lots of good things.
- We had a blast a Flipside. Next time will be even better if we remember to wear closed toe shoes.
- After we emptied our play cards at Flipside, we headed to the mall and found some killer deals at Payless Shoes.
- We finished off the evening by redeeming a ColdStone gift card from 2011. We’re quick like that!
- The WordPress 10 year anniversary celebration! I’m kind of nerdy like that – and I want to learn more to make my blog better for you.
- A fitness themed Pack Meeting. I was in charge of a relay race with spoons and tennis balls. I also got to show off my mad juggling skills.
- I found some great continuing education classes through the local library. The $120 Quick Books class I was looking at through the local college was free! And there were tons to choose from.
- One of my kiddos initiated a cleaning session!
- This week I was blessed to participate in a soldier’s homecoming. They always make me cry. I’m so grateful for their sacrifice and that of their families. Some hadn’t seen each other for almost a year. I’m so glad they are home safely.
- We filled our summer bucket list and even completed our first activity.
What are the highlights from your week?
Happy Good Friday! It’s a good Friday here for many reasons, including posting my Friday Favorites on Friday two weeks in a row.
- A family dinner filled with yummy food, delicious chocolate cake and good company!
- A fun coin toss fundraiser at our last Cub Scout Pack Meeting.
- Yogurt with a friend.
- After a detour with a short story, I started working on my book again. As i read over parts of previous chapters, looking for details to support what I was writing, I kept thinking how much I like the story. I’m totally excited to work on it again!
- On that note, ANWA had a WOW (week of writing). I’ve added 323 words so far this week.
- My Paper Bag Kite article over at Arizona Mama.
- I ‘hard-boiled’ eggs in the oven. It simplified the process. The kiddos were commenting they like the other way better, but I’m not sure why. I’ll let you know next week if they taste just as good.
- Dying Easter Eggs is always fun. I just wish I could start earlier in the evening, but I wish that every year.
- Today I finished reading Airman by Eoin Colfer and we had our family book club for the book. I didn’t cut it close, I had hours to spare!
How has your week been? Are you as excited about Easter as we are? As excited as I am about Easter, I’m going to sneak in another hundred words or so on my book while everyone else is occupied!
11 – Pounds lost! That’s one more pound than my goal. (It would have been a couple of more, but Christmas got the better of me).
13 – Recipes added to our Real Food for Real People blog.
17 – Trips to the temple.
47 – Books read. I finished Jason F. Wright’s 13th Day of Christmas with a few hours to spare. My goal was 32 books. Smoked that one!
50 – States visited the blog. Top five are Arizona, Utah, California, Texas and Florida.
67 – Scrapbook layouts completed. I was hoping to finish scrapbooking 2011 but I only got about half way.
68 – Names researched on PAF (Personal Ancestral File). I exceeded my goal of 50!
73 – Articles written for Arizona Mama and The Homemaking Cottage.
94 – Countries visited Easy as PIE.
216 – New names added to PAF.
$450 – Value of prizes won – a Kaboo bag and Christian Dior make up. The downside is now I have a weakness for $70 foundation and $25 mascara!
10435 – Page views
Top Five Posts of 2012
- Book Theme Party Decorations
- Family Home Evening: Joseph Smith’s First Vision Revisited
- Raingutter Regatta
- Sweet Shop and Nerf Top Shot Invitations
- Thanksgiving Pack Meeting
What did you accomplish last year? Did you meet your goals?