Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category Archives: cooking
Fall has officially hit here in Arizona! It’s 64 degrees as I write this. I’ve been enjoying soups and chili all month and despite the five bowls of candy on my counter, I’m in the mood for some baking. Before I get too carried away with fall festivities, I better slice October!
0 – Books read. I’m close to finishing the one I started last month.
1 – Food day at work and way too many snacks to count.
2 – New team members at work.
2.2 – Pounds gained
3 – Super fun activities with my Cub Scouts
4 – People making a spontaneous batch of sauteed apples – Yum!
10 – Push-ups this month
12 – Projects completed
15 – General Conference talks watched, even though I worked on Sunday
30 – Countries visited Easy As PIE
47 – States visited
66 – Words added to my book. That’s like two whole sentences!
100 – Percent on my training test at work, highest score in the class (or on my team)
881 – Page views to my poor neglected blog
Now that November’s half way over, I have finally sliced October. How did your month go and how is your new month going? Are you ready for Thanksgiving?
Top posts in October:
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- 1 pound browned ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Place ingredients in a crock pot and stir together. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve with cornbread.
Happy Good Friday! It’s a good Friday here for many reasons, including posting my Friday Favorites on Friday two weeks in a row.
- A family dinner filled with yummy food, delicious chocolate cake and good company!
- A fun coin toss fundraiser at our last Cub Scout Pack Meeting.
- Yogurt with a friend.
- After a detour with a short story, I started working on my book again. As i read over parts of previous chapters, looking for details to support what I was writing, I kept thinking how much I like the story. I’m totally excited to work on it again!
- On that note, ANWA had a WOW (week of writing). I’ve added 323 words so far this week.
- My Paper Bag Kite article over at Arizona Mama.
- I ‘hard-boiled’ eggs in the oven. It simplified the process. The kiddos were commenting they like the other way better, but I’m not sure why. I’ll let you know next week if they taste just as good.
- Dying Easter Eggs is always fun. I just wish I could start earlier in the evening, but I wish that every year.
- Today I finished reading Airman by Eoin Colfer and we had our family book club for the book. I didn’t cut it close, I had hours to spare!
How has your week been? Are you as excited about Easter as we are? As excited as I am about Easter, I’m going to sneak in another hundred words or so on my book while everyone else is occupied!