Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category Archives: Celebrations
Happy Flag Day! This week’s favorites have largely come from our Summer Bucket List Challenge. So far we have completed 15 items – and most of them were even fun. We had a streak of poor sportsmanship during a game. It was the Hunger Games board game, so maybe it’s hard to be a good sport when your playing a game about bumping off the competition.
- We attempted to attend the MCC Planetarium Night, but we arrived to late to get tickets. No matter, we watched a show about Pluto (poor demoted planet), looked at Saturn through a telescope and shot film canister rockets.
- We had our family book club for Deadweather and Sunrise.
- We tried frying an egg on the sidewalk, but it was too cold. (There’s something you don’t hear about an Arizona summer day very often!) We’ll have to try again when it hits 115.
- We made Father’s Day cards.
- Our ice cream social was a delicious success! There’s even some ice cream left over to make milkshakes; a list item for another day.
- Not a summer bucket list item, but we had another meeting planning the ANWA Writer’s Conference. It’s going to be so cool!
Were your Friday Favorites also you Summer Bucket List items? Share your favorites so I can use them for my family too!
I’m not exactly sure where May went, but I’m happy to share my favorites from the week before moving on to June! We had a good week, full of lots of good things.
- We had a blast a Flipside. Next time will be even better if we remember to wear closed toe shoes.
- After we emptied our play cards at Flipside, we headed to the mall and found some killer deals at Payless Shoes.
- We finished off the evening by redeeming a ColdStone gift card from 2011. We’re quick like that!
- The WordPress 10 year anniversary celebration! I’m kind of nerdy like that – and I want to learn more to make my blog better for you.
- A fitness themed Pack Meeting. I was in charge of a relay race with spoons and tennis balls. I also got to show off my mad juggling skills.
- I found some great continuing education classes through the local library. The $120 Quick Books class I was looking at through the local college was free! And there were tons to choose from.
- One of my kiddos initiated a cleaning session!
- This week I was blessed to participate in a soldier’s homecoming. They always make me cry. I’m so grateful for their sacrifice and that of their families. Some hadn’t seen each other for almost a year. I’m so glad they are home safely.
- We filled our summer bucket list and even completed our first activity.
What are the highlights from your week?
.8 – Pounds lost. It’s not much, but it’s better than last month!
3.14 – Day we spent at the Science Center. Yep, we are that kind of nerdy.
4 – Saturday weigh ins with my friends. It’s amazing how some girl time makes standing on the scale a lot more fun, even on the bad weeks.
6 – Projects completed.
8 – Ladies dining for our girls night out. I even talked them into going to Frost Gelato afterwards.
11 – Days logging the food I ate. I need to get back in that habit this month.
24 – Hard boiled eggs to dye, although one of my kiddos opted to leave one white.
28 – Countries visited Easy As PIE (at least people from 28 countries).
46 – States represented as Easy As PIE visitors. Apparently I’m not very popular in Montana.
812 – Words added to my book. I am going to finish it this year! (unless I keep getting distracted)
1228 – Words added to my short story. I actually finished the rough draft and read the first couple of pages to my critique group. Now to decide on where to focus my attention, finishing my book or editing my story? Actually I just need to focus on writing
1261 – Page views. Thank you for visiting!
March’s Top Posts
- Book Theme Party Decorations
- Family Home Evening: Joseph Smith’s First Vision Revisited
- Native American Blue & Gold
- Sweet Shop & Nerf Top Shot Invitations
- Family Home Evening: Joseph Smith’s First Vision
What goals did you meet or miss for March?