Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Category Archives: Celebrations
Fall has officially hit here in Arizona! It’s 64 degrees as I write this. I’ve been enjoying soups and chili all month and despite the five bowls of candy on my counter, I’m in the mood for some baking. Before I get too carried away with fall festivities, I better slice October!
0 – Books read. I’m close to finishing the one I started last month.
1 – Food day at work and way too many snacks to count.
2 – New team members at work.
2.2 – Pounds gained
3 – Super fun activities with my Cub Scouts
4 – People making a spontaneous batch of sauteed apples – Yum!
10 – Push-ups this month
12 – Projects completed
15 – General Conference talks watched, even though I worked on Sunday
30 – Countries visited Easy As PIE
47 – States visited
66 – Words added to my book. That’s like two whole sentences!
100 – Percent on my training test at work, highest score in the class (or on my team)
881 – Page views to my poor neglected blog
Now that November’s half way over, I have finally sliced October. How did your month go and how is your new month going? Are you ready for Thanksgiving?
Top posts in October:
Happy July! Can you believe June is over and so is the first half of the 2013? I had to pull out my list of goals for this year and see how I’m doing. A couple are on track, the other eight not so much. Instead of stressing out over what I haven’t done, let’s see how I sliced June.
1 – Book read (Matched by Ally Condie). Yeah, that’s one of the goals I’m really behind on this year. Fortunately I
finished reading a book this morning, so I’m off to a good start for July.
2 – Book Clubs.
3 – Pounds lost! That’s all that I gained last month and a little something extra for my trouble (she says, as she types and eats).
3 – Articles written, including my latest warning you to not be deceived by those cute, furry squirrels.
4 – Father’s Day cards made.
6 – Blog posts written (bleh!)
9 – Projects completed.
10 – Training days of Hunger Games board game (that was about 5 too many).
11 – Guests to our ice cream social.
24 – Chocolate Zucchini Muffins made (yum!).
25 – Summer Bucket List activities!
50 – States visiting my blog!
55 – Countries visited my blog.
1044 – Words added to my book.
2726 – Words added to my short story. It’s not as short as it used to be!
Top posts in June
- Pizza Nachos (shocking I know)
- Book Theme Party
- Family Home Evening: Joseph Smith’s First Vision Revisited
- Raingutter Regata
- Family Home Evening: Plan of Salvation
I had a big month. How did June go for you?
Happy Flag Day! This week’s favorites have largely come from our Summer Bucket List Challenge. So far we have completed 15 items – and most of them were even fun. We had a streak of poor sportsmanship during a game. It was the Hunger Games board game, so maybe it’s hard to be a good sport when your playing a game about bumping off the competition.
- We attempted to attend the MCC Planetarium Night, but we arrived to late to get tickets. No matter, we watched a show about Pluto (poor demoted planet), looked at Saturn through a telescope and shot film canister rockets.
- We had our family book club for Deadweather and Sunrise.
- We tried frying an egg on the sidewalk, but it was too cold. (There’s something you don’t hear about an Arizona summer day very often!) We’ll have to try again when it hits 115.
- We made Father’s Day cards.
- Our ice cream social was a delicious success! There’s even some ice cream left over to make milkshakes; a list item for another day.
- Not a summer bucket list item, but we had another meeting planning the ANWA Writer’s Conference. It’s going to be so cool!
Were your Friday Favorites also you Summer Bucket List items? Share your favorites so I can use them for my family too!