Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category Archives: Arizona Mama
Last month I blamed Christmas for my lack of post, this month I had to come with a new excuse. I’ll get to that in a minute as I slice January.
1 – New job! Yep, that’s my excuse for lack of posting and anything else that’s going undone. Thank goodness it’s only a part time job or I’d never get anything done!
2 – Projects completed. (Pathetic) Hopefully I can do better this year.
3 – Books read; all of them by Lois Lowry. I can’t wait to share my reviews of The Giver series with you.
4 – Pounds lost! Goodbye holiday weight… and then some.
8 – Articles written, including our Candymakers Family Book Club.
10 – New SMART goals for 2013.
21 – Days of logging my food. I love it when it pays off!
44 – Countries visited the blog. That’s up from last month!
1017 – Words added to my book. That’s not up from last month.
1769 – Page views. Thanks for another record breaking month!
January’s Top Posts
- Book Theme Decorations
- Pinewood Derby
- FHE: Joseph Smith’s First Vision Revisited
- Native American Blue & Gold
- FHE: Plan of Salvation
How did your January go?
One of my favorite ways to stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas is by reading great Christmas books. I know you’re shocked that a book would make my holiday special. The only thing better than a book for me is a book club for the whole family!
If you’re looking for a book to help your family feel the real spirit of Christmas Jars and Christmas Jars Reunion by Jason F. Wright are great books to during this wondrous season. Head over to Arizona Mama to read about our Christmas Jars book club celebration! The best part of this series is it leads to its own traditions.
What are your favorite Christmas books to read with your family?
I shared some fun flight activities to do with the kids over at Arizona Mama. Is it just me, or is life more fun with a theme? The best part of this theme is we create, we exercise and we learn. You can’t ask for more!
Happy October! I pulled the Halloween decorations out of the closet, now we just need some time to decorate. Actually I did hang up three decorations, so I can officially say we’ve started our Halloween celebration. And I bought candy corn – that totally counts! Besides Halloween preparations, I have some other favorites too!
- Frost Gelato – Check out my review on Arizona Mama!
- My girls and I made these yummy French Toast Cupcakes. They are delicious, but no matter how much you want to, don’t eat two in the same day or you’ll get a tummy ache!
- I finished the rough draft of my kids party planning book! Now on to the editing.
- My monthly ANWA chapter meeting was awesome as usual. It’s amazing how meeting with a few women with the same interest recharges me.
Here’s more fun from my some of my favorite blogs!
- This Sparkling Cider Peach Cobbler from Chef in Training sounds good.
- We might be making this Owl Costume from Alphamom for Halloween.
- Speaking of Halloween, I love this festive way to dress up your dish towel on Arizona Mama!
- Not that I’m planning at speaking to a school assembly anytime soon, but I love author Julie Wright’s advice about doing just that.
So there’s this week’s wrap up of my favorites. Please share your’s, I’d love to see them!