Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at email@example.com
Category Archives: Arizona Mama
Where did September go? I’m still getting used to my new schedule. How long will it take til the schedule to stop feeling new? As I sliced September, I see I did still manage to get a few things done.
0 – Articles written, I need to make some time for more Arizona Mama writing
1 – Book read, review to follow soon
2 – Food days at work, it’s great to surround myself with people who love food too
4 – Pounds gained; must be all those food days at work
4 – Games of darts, I was on the winning team for the first game
5 – Minutes jogging in place with my Cub Scouts
8 – Projects completed
9 – Guests at a family Labor Day party; we BBQ’d sausages and pineapple, and played ladder ball
30 – Countries visited Easy as PIE
46 – States visited Easy as PIE, apparently the Dakotas aren’t my biggest fans
100+ – Dinners plated for Relief Society; Teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple, rice salad, fruit kababs and Hawaiian rolls. There were the cutest mini cheesecakes in these cool cylinders.
431 – Words added to my book, just short of my 600 word goal
1006 – Page views to Easy as PIE
Top Posts of September
- Pizza Nachos
- Book Theme Party Decorations
- Family Home Evening: Lehi’s Dream
- Family Home Evening: Joseph Smith’s First Vision Revisited
- Family Home Evening: Joseph Smith’s First Vision
So despite my slow adjustment to working full time, I am happy with how September sliced and look forward to even better October. How did your month slice up?
With August behind me and a couple of weeks into my new work schedule, I am starting to settle into a routine. Not only is my house unpacked from my recent move, I only have a couple of areas to organize. I still need to get some pictures on the wall too. Maybe I’ll get that done this month. I know your curious to how my August stacked up through all this transition, so I won’t keep you waiting any longer.
0 – Books finished. This work thing is getting in the way of my reading goal! Good thing I enjoy my job and the people I meet.
1 – Article written for Today’s Mama.
1 – Pound gained. I did so good in July, I was hoping it was permanent. I’m still doing good overall for the year, so I won’t let this small set back slow me down.
2 – New story ideas. I need time to finish the ones I started so I can get to them!
3 – Potlucks at work. That’s another thing I enjoy about my job; I work with people who like to eat as much as I do!
4 – New tires on my car. It was necessary after one of them blew out and I realized how bad the rest were.
9 – Falls roller skating; three for each of us. I think I’m the only one still hurting. Darn tailbone!
28 – Countries visited blog
45 – States visiting blog
306 – Words added to my book
1071 – Page views
Another month gone and September is speeding after it. How did your August go?
I’m back once again with Friday Favorites! It’s been a fun, but busy week (or 8).
- Lunch at one of my favorite restaurants with a couple of friends!
- We’ve had fun with the end of school year events. Another mom said those things make May as busy as December! We’ve had a band concert, a choir concert, awards dinners and ceremonies, an art show and some other stuff. That didn’t happen all this week, but all this month. It’s good to see my kiddos involved, it just makes for a crazy month.
- We got a new board game based off the Hunger Games. It was pretty fun once we figured out the rules.
- I finally did some writing! I have a Spring into Action article over at Today’s Mama.
- I also added over 250 words to my book.
- I even did a little editing.
- Book club is always fun!
- We started brain storming for this year’s summer bucket list. The Happy Family Movement is having a Summer Bucket List Challenge to inspire to families to build great memories together this summer. After last year’s fiasco, I’m looking forward to some encouragement for a better summer.
What did you do this week that made your Friday Favorites list?
Happy Good Friday! It’s a good Friday here for many reasons, including posting my Friday Favorites on Friday two weeks in a row.
- A family dinner filled with yummy food, delicious chocolate cake and good company!
- A fun coin toss fundraiser at our last Cub Scout Pack Meeting.
- Yogurt with a friend.
- After a detour with a short story, I started working on my book again. As i read over parts of previous chapters, looking for details to support what I was writing, I kept thinking how much I like the story. I’m totally excited to work on it again!
- On that note, ANWA had a WOW (week of writing). I’ve added 323 words so far this week.
- My Paper Bag Kite article over at Arizona Mama.
- I ‘hard-boiled’ eggs in the oven. It simplified the process. The kiddos were commenting they like the other way better, but I’m not sure why. I’ll let you know next week if they taste just as good.
- Dying Easter Eggs is always fun. I just wish I could start earlier in the evening, but I wish that every year.
- Today I finished reading Airman by Eoin Colfer and we had our family book club for the book. I didn’t cut it close, I had hours to spare!
How has your week been? Are you as excited about Easter as we are? As excited as I am about Easter, I’m going to sneak in another hundred words or so on my book while everyone else is occupied!