What started off as our traditional Christmas morning breakfast has also become our traditional Easter morning breakfast. With all those hard-boiled eggs, this is the perfect way to actually use all those eggs the Easter Bunny hid. Just don’t try it with the plastic ones; the chocolate ones might not be the best either.
I love when the egg dye bleeds into the eggs and makes breakfast a little extra pretty.
Since the Easter Bunny visits us on Saturday morning, I assemble Sunday’s breakfast on Saturday night and bake it Sunday morning.
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 24 sausage links
- 1 cube of butter or margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 3-4 cups milk
- Cheddar cheese
- Brown sausage and lay in 9” x 13” pan.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and lay on the sausage.
- Melt butter, stir in flour and milk.
- Cook until over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it forms a thick sauce, about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.