Happy Friday! How are those New Year’s Resolutions coming? You didn’t give up on them yet, have you? I’m still plugging away at my list of goals. I’m glad I still have 51 weeks to achieve them! I can’t fill the whole week with goals, I had some fun too. Here are this week’s favorites!
- I finished taking down the Christmas decorations. (OK that one was a goal for the week, but I’m glad it’s done.) Most of the scratches from my beautiful ginormous tree are almost healed too!
- I joined a local Biggest Loser competition. That’s a goal too, but it’s so much more fun with a great group to encourage, support and offer a little friendly competition.
- I finished helping my mom with inventory. It’s nice to help other people with their goals too.
- My writing group was so much fun this week. We had a lesson on goals (I know, you’re shocked) and shared some great writing.
- I finished reading my first book of the year – Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. One down and 49 to go.
- Last night’s book club was another favorite, even though I only finished 2 of the 4 in the series.
So most of my favorites were related to goals, but that’s what happens when you set goals pertaining to things you love and things that are important to you. I’m not the only one focused on goals this week…
- McAuley Freelance Writing has a great example of what happens when you set goals and work to meet them!
- Chef in Training’s Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler reminds me of our dessert at book club last night. I could be tempted into eating another delicious berry dessert!
What goals did you set for yourself this year or even this week? Or should I ask, what is your favorite goal this week?