The kids are out of school and the weather’s confirming that summer is in full swing with temperatures approaching 110! So how does a typical Arizona family have fun in the boiling heat? I don’t know about everyone else but here’s a few of our favorites of the week.
- A trip to Flagstaff – we explored Sunset Crater, Lowell Observatory and the Riordan Mansion.
- ANWA meeting – it’s always good to get my creativity and enthusiasm recharged.
- Arizona Science Center – I was surprised there were already some changes since the last time we went, good ones of coarse.
So maybe we do more to escape the heat instead of having fun in it. Hanging out in the air conditioning, I found these online favorites.
- I love Kari’s view of her son’s camping experience.
- I’m hoping to get some scrapbooking done this weekend and Silhouette’s sketch might be helpful.
- I’m not sure what dulce de leche is, but Your Homebased Mom has a crock pot recipe and it looks yummy!
- Our latest family book club for The Sisters Grimm is up over at Arizona Mama!
So what are your summer favorites?