- I’m not into getting up at the crack of dawn (or stroke of midnight) for Black Friday shopping. We started our Christmas shopping in earnest last weekend and earlier this week. I still have a few more gifts to decide on and other projects, but it seems manageable because I started early.
- I finished scrapbooking 2010, except the journaling on a couple of pages.
- I tried some homemade rolls I found on Pinterest. They were yummy and not too labor intensive. The best part was they made a lot!
- My girls were awesome to help out in the kitchen on Pie day and Thanksgiving. We all worked together the last couple of hours before dinner. My mom jumped in and helped when she got here too.
If you have time to take a break from shopping and enjoying your family, here’s my favorite links this Friday.
- Chef Tess shares some recipes for that leftover turkey. Ours usually makes it to sandwiches and I freeze some for future dinners.
- Are you tired of pie? Me either, but these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Two Peas and & Their Pod look mighty good!
- I’m sure we’ll start decorating for Christmas this weekend. This snowman from Small Fry & Co. would be a cute addition to our decor.
Please share your favorite part of Thanksgiving and what you are looking forward to this weekend! I’m hoping to get family pictures taken so I can work on getting Christmas cards mailed out.