This has been a week of catch-up, at least half a week of catch up. With fall break over, I enjoy a lazy day or two to enjoy a quiet house again. But not too much, there was still plenty going on this week and here are some of my favorites.
- Book Club. We got together and discussed The Host for a bit, and then we just talked and enjoyed pumpkin bread.
- More books. I started reading The Help for our next book club meeting. I love the first paragraph! A friend also let me borrow Lemon Tart. It’s the first in the series of culinary cozies. Don’t forget to enter to win an iPad in celebration of the latest book in the series, Pumpkin Roll.
- Relief Society. We had an activity with treats and games. I took Caramel Apple Cider Cookies that I found on Pinterest. I also have the most determined booty, since I won musical chairs. I also learned a fun new game called “Do You Love your Neighbor?” It’s another scramble to get a chair game. Hopefully those competitive games helped burn off all the cookies I ate.
- The Glitter Academy. Tonight’s the night I’ve been looking forward to with crafts, ice cream and the chance to be social! I’m hoping to get a bunch of scrapbooking done tonight!
When I look at my week like that, it’s been an awesome week. Here’s some other awesome things I found in the blogosphere.
- Celebrations at Home has a cute, fun Halloween party (I don’t really like scary, gory Halloween).
- Maybe you could feature these Oreo Candy Bars from In Katrina’s Kitchen.
- If your kids are going trick or treating, these bags from Your Homebased Mom are adorable. My kids would want bigger bags, like pillow cases with handles.
- Not A Supermom shares her solution for mismatched socks. It just might work…
- I’m over at Arizona Mama sharing our Family Photo Challenge. Remember there’s still time to vote!