One of my younger children taught our lesson about Adam and Eve. He started with the scripture Genesis 1:26 – 28, then asked what creations are we grateful for? He shared some facts about Adam and Eve.
- After Adam and Eve received physical bodies, they lived in a beautiful place called the Garden of Eden.
- Adam and Eve were married for eternity by Heavenly Father.
- Fruits and flowers grew easily in the Garden of Eden, and all the animals were tame.
- Adam and Eve did not know the difference between good and bad.
- Adam and Eve could not have children.
- Adam and Eve could eat fruit from every tree except one.
- Adam and Eve ate the fruit from that tree.
- Adam and Eve had to leave the Garden of Eden
- The whole world changed; Adam and Eve had to work hard to get food, weeds began to grow and animals became wild.
- Adam and Eve then began to have children.
We talked about their lives after they left the Garden of Eden and how it was all a necessary part of the Plan of Salvation. I’m grateful for the time my children put into their part of Family Home Evening. Not only is it nice to not have all the responsibility myself; it is also reassuring that they are learning and striving.
Our activity was a modified version of Phase 10. The kiddo in charge chose the order of the phases we played. I still lost.
The agony of defeat was lessened by the Frozen Lemon Pie we enjoyed for our treat!