Easy as pie? Is pie really easy? It's easy to eat, but not always easy to make. Excellence is easy to appreciate and enjoy, but getting there takes a while. Join me in my Pursuit In Excellence. It won't be quick , but it will be worth it!
For me excellence revolves around motherhood and grandmahood. It is central to my many interests which I use to help my children develop their talents and have fun.
I share my journey here, The Homemaking Cottage and Arizona Mama. Be sure to see what else is cooking!
Contact MeEmail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Archives: April 2011
- Yes! – My all time favorite “Y” word; as in “Yes Mom, I did an awesome job on my chores without being asked.” Can it be a favorite even if it’s not real?
- Yellow Submarine – While I like the song as much as the next guy, it probably doesn’t qualify as a favorite since I don’t own a copy. Marian Allen has the cutest Lego video of it.
These little beauties showed up in my RSS feed today. There both food related – go figure.
- Your Homebased Mom has another tempting recipe with her Malted Milk Ball Cookies.
- If you’d prefer a healthy recipe, New Nostalgia says her kids fight over these Roasted Sweet Potato Coins.
These last few letters of the A to Z Challenge are going to be tough, I’m curious to see what the other participants pull together. Hopefully I’m not the only cheater using words like extreme.
I want to use today’s post to counter how overwhelmed I’ve been feeling, and focus on my blessings.
- I’m extremely blessed to have a wonderful family.
- I’m extremely blessed to have the gospel in my life.
- I’m extremely blessed to be healthy.
- I’m extremely blessed to have my temporal needs met.
- I’m extremely blessed for my education and life experiences.
- I’m blessed my garden is growing.
These are my basics (except for the garden – that’s a new one for me), and the list goes on and on. Sometimes life is hard, but the hard stuff seems less overwhelming when I focus on the good stuff. Share what’s blessing your life today.
After much waiting, it’s time to announce the winner! It’s me – everyone was too wimpy to try their hand at our Quote Contest.
Now for the answers to our from last Wednesday‘s contest.
1. Aladdin – Excuse me. Did you bring here? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? And all the sudden your walking out on me? I don’t think so, you’re getting your wishes. So SIT DOWN!
2. Beauty and the Beast – Crazy old Maurice!
3. Emperor’s New Groove – Why do we even have that lever?
4. Princess Bride – Aaaaaaaaaaaassssssss yooooou wiiiishhhhhhhh!
5. Second Hand Lions – Corn, corn, corn, nothing but corn.
6. Holes – Excuse Me!Well that’s too darn bad.
7. Finding Nemo – He touched the butt.
8. Incredibles – That was totally wicked!
9. Tangled – You broke my smolder.
10. Despicable Me – It’s so pink and fluffy I’m gonna DIE!
11. Night at the Museum – Who‘s evolved?
12. Kung Fu Panda – There is no price for awesomeness… or attractiveness.
13. Robots – Why do you have two noses?
14. Cars – Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer
15. Mulan – Let’s go get some honey buns!
16. Lion King – Pinned ya! Pinned ya again.
17. What a Girl Wants – My evil stepsister, you’ve seen Cinderella, right? Let me clue you in, I win.
18. 101 Dalmatians – I’m tired, and I’m hungry. And my tail’s froze. And my nose is froze. And my ears are froze. And my toes are froze.
19. Jungle Book – What do you want to do? I don’t know… What do you want to do? Now don’t start that again!
20. Ultimate Gift (Christmas movie) – You better be back by Christmas!
21. Quest for Camelot – You know, there’s nothing more pathetic than a flame retarded dragon.
22. Game Plan – You bedazzled my football!?!
23. Veggie Tales – Where is My hair brush?
Now that wasn’t so hard, was it?
Want to see what some “W” bloggers are writing for the A to Z Challenge?